Chapter 11 : Charity Work

They could only watch in horror as the ship with Mr. Igaram in the distance blew up in millions of pieces. Sanji heard Vivi's anguished scream as she understood that she had just lost an old friend. The navigator next to her quickly hugged her in comfort. Sanji respected the man. He had died in the line of duty protecting the Royal heir of his country. Any of the royal guards back at Germa would have done the same thing. But he could not help but think that this man's sacrifice was greater and his reasons were more noble. He did not exactly know why he had that impression. Perhaps it was because he had lived and worked with the man for a year. He had learned to respect him during that time. But they could not forget their mission, so he grabbed Vivi's arm and pulled her away from the railing. He nodded to Nami silently telling her to let go and he pulled the princess to the stairway where he sat her down. He did not want her emotional state to get in the other's way when they went to prepare the boat to leave the docks.

The girl was biting her lips and hugging her knees. She was probably trying to regain her cool. Good, Sanji thought. Her being calm and collected would make things easier for everyone. He saw Nami glance at them in worry a few times while ordering the others on what to do to make the boat sail in the right direction. After making sure that the princess he was responsible for was not about to do something stupid like jump off the boat or fall to tears, he went to help the others. Obediently he followed the directions of the talented navigator. When the boat was finally moving at a decent pace across the sea and the island behind them was getting smaller, they all met up on the main deck ready to discuss their next actions. And take a break from everything. Nami and Luffy were in the middle of the deck looking at the horizon. Zoro was leaning against the mainsail, Vivi and Sanji were sitting on the stairs with Carue standing next to them and Usopp was next to the kitchen door looking through his enhanced sniper glasses from the upper deck while leaning forward on the railing.

It was foggy around the boat. The wind was lightly hitting the sails.

"Congratulations, you managed to escape. That was very good navigation."

Nami crossed her arms proudly at the compliment.

"It was nothing. We still have a lot of sailing to do before we arrive."

Sanji frowned in confusion; The voice did not sound like Luffy. It was deep but feminine. But it sounded really familiar to him. He stood up and looked around. Someone was standing on the railing. At the sight of this unknown intruder standing on the upper deck at the entrance of the kitchen, he instantly jumped from the stairs to the railing and then landed in a crouched position on the railing of the upper deck. He had one of his guns aimed at the intruder's head in seconds. The strawhat sniper had appeared to have had the same idea because he was aiming his slingshot the same way but on the other side of the intruder. From his peripheral sight he could see that the others had taken out their weapons. He turned his focus back to the person standing there. And his eyebrows raised in surprise when he recognized the beautiful woman. What was she doing here? She was not the type to do such a showy move.

"This is a very cute ship." She said smiling at the people around her. She did not seem to care about the hostile tension aimed towards her and their obvious fighting stances.

"Miss All Sunday?!" Vivi gasped in recognition and fear.

"Who is she?" Nami asked her while keeping her eyes on the stranger.

"She's Mr. 0's partner!" Vivi exclaimed. The tension became thicker seconds after her words. They all understood that this opponent was strong and dangerous.

"Well hello to you too Miss Wednesday. And it's nice to see you again Mr. 9, it has been a while." He noticed the princess look at him in surprise. She was surprised to see that her partner actually knew one of the strongest top officers. Sanji tried to ignore her questioning looks. Now was not the time for him to explain himself. Explanations could wait.