Tucker

I'm leaning against the back of the stage. The sun now behind the mountains, giving the sky an orange and purple glow. I watch Allie talk to her bandmates before saying her goodbyes. She has no idea I am waiting, watching. When she turns around, the smile that overtakes her lips gives me this unexplainable feeling in my stomach. As I push off the stage, Allie takes off running. She leaps the moment she makes it to me, wrapping her arms and legs around me.

"God, Tuck, I can't even describe how much I've missed you." She takes a deep breath before turning her face into my neck. "I didn't realize how much I missed you until I saw your face."

Her warm breath against my neck shoots straight to my cock. I squeeze her as tightly as I can against my chest, lost in the feel of her in my arms. She is mine. She will always be mine.

"Ditto," I reply, attempting to see her face. Her lips were not even an inch from mine. Immediately, my mouth waters. "Why don't we go get some food?"

Raising her head a little, she kissed my cheek before relaxing as she held on. "You know the way to my heart, Tuck. Come on, let's eat."

Fifteen minutes later, we are sitting across from each other at a bar table in Maverick's — the bar my brother proudly owns. Maverick always enjoyed a night of alcohol and music; it seemed fitting that he would eventually own his own bar. I remember going to his house a few times with Dak, and every single time I went, there seemed to be more alcohol, more people and more trouble. After witnessing Dak's random affair, I never went back. The irony in all of this is that Allie now sings at the bar regularly.

I have to give it to my brother - he certainly knows how to set the mood in a small-town bar by giving it a big-city vibe. The place is decked out in earth tones. The floor is solid cherry wood. I assume that was already here when he bought the place, but the walls are lined with photos of anyone who ever set foot on his stage. A picture of Allie catches my eye, looking at the camera with an empty stare.

"That was taken forever ago." She draws my attention back to her. "I didn't want it hung, I looked like shit that night. But you know your brother, he calls it art. The emotion is so profound. Or some bullshit like that."

I grab her hand and squeeze it. "Tell me, Allie, what's good to drink here?"

She smiles before waving over a member of the wait staff. "Hey Tina, can you please get us two of my usual?"

"Of course, gorgeous; give me a few minutes, and I'll bring them right over." Tina looks me up and down before making her way behind the bar.

"Your usual, huh? And what exactly is an Allie Morrison usual?"

She smirks at me with a shrug as she pulls her hair up. "You, my love, will just have to wait and see. Now tell me, what have you been doing in Cincinnati that you couldn't so much as visit me for two damn years, Tuck." I hear her question, but I am lost in the beauty of her exposed neck. All I want to do is press my lips against her skin. "And what is up with you becoming a male prostitute? Every time I call you, I swear there is some new flavor of the week in your bed."

My eyes meet hers, and for a moment, I believe I see jealousy flicker across her face. "I'm single, and I'm not looking to settle down. I'm safe. Just your regular twenty-one-year-old guy, Allie. Alcohol and sex. That pretty much defines every male my age."

I chuckle, but she doesn't seem amused as the waitress sets a tray before us. Four shots stare back at me. "What the hell are these?"

"Thanks, Tina. Bring another round in about ten minutes, please." Allie steps down from her stool, standing in front of me.