Chapter Ten

It had been five days since Alpha Ronan and I had spent the day together. There was an unspoken tension that laced the walls of the house. I had not made any escape attempts, yet. While Alpha Ronan also did not dare bring another female into the house.

Most of my time was spent in the upstairs library, I carefully watched below looking to the front door. If the weak female came back I wanted to know about it. I tried to lie to myself that I did not care what or who Alpha Ronan did. However, the truth was that as long as I was here, I would not allow another female to touch him. My wolf would never tolerate it.

I had also collected a pile of books. Unsure if Alpha Ronan would look at what I had been up to I stacked a pile of history and culture books. However, my true interest in the library was the maps and education about the land. I knew how plants could be used in my old pack's territory, but I needed to find I new home. I needed a place where I could live as a rogue and survive the harsh winters. Knowing where I could find plants and which places offered the best chance to survive off of the land would be essential for when I left.

I had also scoured the library looking for a book about mates. Maybe I would be able to find a solution to rejecting Alpha Ronan. However, so far there had been no luck.

When I was tired of being cooped up in the library I would grab a book for entertainment and take a break in the garden. Not knowing who would be watching, it was best to keep my moments outside light, these moments were purely to enjoy being outside, so the books were usually fictional. However, not too long after moving outside, I could usually feel familiar eyes settling on my rested body. So much for enjoyment.

When meal times came I would normally be in my room and a meal tray would appear outside of my door.

This was the pattern for the past five days.

"Alpha Ronan called me here," A voice chirped from below. I had just started a new book discussing water resources when the familiar voice interrupted my peace. I looked below and saw the same weak female that I had seen in Alpha Ronan's office nearly a week ago. She had long brown hair that was braided down to her waist. Yellow flowers were decorated in the braid. I hoped they attracted bees.

"Alpha Ronan is busy, I'm under strict orders to enforce that no one is to see him," another voice replied, this one hidden in the doorway.

I was unable to hear her reply because in an instant I get up. Rage suges through my body and I can feel each joint ignite in fury. My breath became slow and deliberate keeping my mind steady, though I could still feel a stampede in my chest as my heart raced.

There could only be one of us.

When the warm air hit my skin, I was greeted by her heinous smell, only comparable to rot. However, her features were unmistakingly gorgeous. Her highcheek bone and rosey cheeks brought out her light blue eyes. She could stop anyone in their tracks with just a smile. No wonder Alpha Ronan was drawn to her. Despite her beauty, my wolf paced in my head this female was weak and could never be a leader to her pack.

"What is your name," I demanded in a firm voice. I stared deep in her sole daring her to make a sudden movement. Knowing that she was in danger, the only movement she made was a quivering hand that she did her best to hide.

"Bea," she responded fighting her instinct to break eye contact with me.

"Well Bea, the male you wish to see is my mate. He is the Alpha which would mean that you want to take my place as future Luna. However, I do not see a Luna in front of me," I had no idea where these words were coming from as rage continued fester within me. I want to reject Alpha Ronan, not become Luna. However my instincts, my wolf propelled me into taking a fighting stance, fighting for what was ours.