Part 2, Chapter 1 - Tension

The road to Rivacoal was neither lush, nor desertic. The asphalt was decolored. Floyd, with his allies at his back, kept his right. Rain-Alpha Y had its tail high, indicating alertness.

William began a conversation through the team's Holotransistors, to which Floyd and Brye answered.

"So many turns and hills are beginning to frustrate me," Brye said.

Floyd briefly looked through one of the mirrors. Lurien's goons were approaching, invading the contrary road. "Behind you!!" he exclaimed.

Rain-Alpha Y holographically integrated the enlarged scorpion tail above Floyd's car, ready to fight.

Even when Roy's Gatling gun needed time to recover, its complimentary add-on to William's car was functional. He noticed this when he set it up. "... we're still going to just destroy the facility and run when we get there, right?" Roy said.

"Roy! Don't stress me further than I already am!" William shouted, causing Roy to get the gun to fire.

Rain-Alpha Y began assisting William, Roy, and Brye with fighting the goons: its tail revealed a cannon that fired a white bolt toward one of the cars, making it explode. "I hope Floyd's robot buddy knows where it aims. Unlike someone I know," Brye grunted before activating the augmented flashes.

With Morgan at the back, he got strained by the flashes, keeping his track thanks to Punchy and Shooty. As he recovered his sight, a light bolt was going toward him. Shooty disintegrated it. "No need to thank me," it said.

Morgan popped a wheelie, slammed one of the goons' cars' trunks, and went over the car, crushing it in the process. Surprisingly, the goons were unharmed. His officers took a while to appear, and while not everyone could pop wheelies, they fired at will. They were not exempt from being attacked by Rain-Alpha Y. One of the officers got knocked offroad by the enlarged tail.

Taking Brye's criticism from the first time they fought on the road, Roy used the Holoscreen to aim as he switched the Gatling gun's muzzle. Even though he got some goons and officers killed, most of the missiles landed on the asphalt or flew off, uselessly exploding.

Meanwhile, William attempted to slam and avoid getting slammed, not without releasing capsules with either smoke or spikes inside them. Those distracted the targets, passed them out, or had an important part of the car damaged, rendering it unusable.

One of the smoke capsules caused Morgan to cough. Punchy got a respiratory mask quickly set up and allowed him to recover breath, even when he was going at high speeds. Shooty focused on destroying missiles that targeted the officers.

"I forgot to tell them NOT to attack Morgan," Floyd thought as Rain-Alpha Y swept two officers at his back out of the asphalt.

Floyd, Roy, William, Brye, and Morgan noticed goons incorporating into the road, taking the lead.

Before Rain-Alpha Y could focus on the goons upfront, the tail received gunfire from them, disabling the cannon. As it felt the damage caused to the enlarged tail, it holographically disintegrated it.

Roy, providing backup, swapped his Gatling gun's muzzle again and fired at will. Though he brought down one of the cars, another one did not hesitate to return fire. Before the gun could explode, Roy disintegrated it.

The goons that were at their level surrounded Brye and slammed their car's sides, attempting to crush them. Without the intention to help, Punchy used the spikes on its fists to flatten the tires of the car behind them, providing them an escape route. Brye braked, causing the goons to slam each other.