Part 2, Chapter 5-2 - The cableways

William, Roy, Brye, and Mercedes ordered a whole cheese pizza to share, with the latter two having chicken salad on the side. "So, what's the plan of attack, sweetheart?" asked Mercedes.

"I'd rather not be called that, especially by a stranger," William was uncomfortable.

"How would you like me to call you, then?"

"William. We did forget to introduce ourselves to you when we met at the plaza. I am William Raygeon, internal medicine medic. This is Roy, the heavy weapons man of our alliance, and that's Brye, the photographer."

"With martial arts on the side," commented Brye.

"So, William, what's the plan of attack?" Mercedes asked again.

"I will work on locating the cableways' surface station when I finish my meal, and we will traverse the streets by foot," explained William. "Once we get there, we will take the first wagon at our grasp, and Roy and I will locate the core while the wagon, or wagons, take us to Buffoon Mountain. We destroy the core together, and we'll wait for Floyd and James to arrive."

"Easier said than done."

"Right; we will attack the goons that get in our way. They're not our only threat, though: officers under the orders of some man who Floyd Eagleton has fought during our mission so far, will strike at us and the goons."

"Fortunately, we are people who are always ready for action!" Brye cheered.

"Me too," added Mercedes.

Roy was profoundly focused on eating. "Have you forgotten you must be energized?" he managed to ask, causing William, Brye, and Mercedes to begin with their meals. William was the first to finish, and while he waited, he located the cableways' surface station in his Holotransistor.

"I'm ready when you are," William prepared to pay for everything. One glance at the doors made him notice Lurien's goons were waiting. "On second thought, I'll be leaving now. Along with the money is the waiter's tip!"

"They're here already!?" Brye could not believe what they saw. "Roy, you better hurry..." They got up and prepared their camera for battle.

"I request authorization to attack," one of Lurien's goons told them.

"Request granted: please note I won't be available because I will focus on Floyd Eagleton," warned Lurien.

The goons broke into the restaurant, evoking fear in everyone except William, Roy, Brye, and Mercedes. "Ugh! I never have a meal without getting interrupted by crap like this!" Mercedes got up, prepared to slash at the goons with her nails.

Since Roy couldn't integrate his Gatling gun inside the restaurant, he joined William outside to assist him. Brye and Mercedes stood inside, as their weaponry did not look like it at first glance. "We'll catch up to them whenever we can!" Brye told Mercedes.

The customers hid beneath the tables and everyone who worked on the restaurant was forced to stop its service. Mercedes' nails weren't the only thing sharp about her; her heels could pierce even the toughest hide, which was why she never kicked with her mid-feet.

"Let's not waste our time here," Mercedes demanded after leaving bleeding punctures on some goons. Brye backed off and left the cafeteria along with her, not without dropping a tip onto the jar.

William and Roy made progress on their path to the cableways. Their surprise came when they saw Morgan's officers attacking the goons. "He told us to strike at Floyd Eagleton's allies if we saw them, right?" an officer asked another one. "Because two of them are getting here."