⚘│The Truth Nine

Song: Just A Little Bit

By: 50 Cent 

Dedicated to: Maria 

Mark left early in the morning on Saturday

He left without saying goodbye and it's somewhat bothering me, even though it shouldn't.

However, he left a note saying I snore, and he fed Mr. Cat breakfast before he left.

One, what a jackass, I don't snore!

Second, why do I want to text him and thank him for taking care of Mr. Cat?

It's then I remember who he is and what his father did. And everything I positively felt for Mark? Gone.

I can't let his fake kindness blind me. My dad was wrongfully accused of crimes and my whole family was devastated. You can't forgive someone for that so easily or sometimes at all.

Since Meliana also left with them, I was alone in my dorm for the weekend. They all returned today, Monday, but went straight to their classes.

Crazy, I know. My friends—and Mark—are such academic scholars.

Thankfully, today my sociology class with Mark was canceled since the professor had a last-minute emergency.

My phone vibrates in my pocket, and I pull it out. Vincent has replied to my message from this morning.

We'd been texting since the night of the party, but he'd fallen asleep by the time Mark had come over and distracted me from texting back.

"One more lap, ladies!" Coach Anderson yells at us while we pass her.

Sweat drips down my back and forehead, I haven't sweat this much since my old dance teacher at Morhills had us doing some crazy stunts.