01 : Asher Lysander.

Raylin ~

Asher and I had never seen eye to eye. From the moment we were introduced, it was as though we were two magnets with the same charge, repelling each other in every way possible.

We both had strong personalities and egos to match, which only fueled our arguments and disagreements.

Despite our constant bickering, there was an undeniable chemistry between us.

It was as though the universe was playing a cruel joke on us, pairing two people who were so similar yet so different.

Asher had a charm about him that was hard to resist, and he knew how to use it to his advantage.

I, on the other hand, was more straightforward and didn't believe in sugar-coating anything.

But tonight, something shifted between us.

We were in the middle of yet another argument, this time about the designs for a project we were both working on.

Asher was adamant that his ideas were the best, while I was equally convinced that mine were better. As we went back and forth, something in Asher's eyes changed.

"Look at me," he commanded in a low rumble, tilting my chin up until I had no choice but to meet his stare. An undeniable spark of attraction coursed through me, one I could no longer ignore.

We stood on his cabin, the moonlight casting everything in silvery tones. He stepped closer, invading my space, the scent of him surrounding me.

"Can I kiss you?" he asked huskily, his lips a hairsbreadth from mine. My pulse kicked up as I realized this was really happening.

We'd been denying this burning friction between us for far too long. Part of me knew I should refuse - he was my sworn enemy after all.

But another part, a deeper, more primal part, yearned to give in to the desire smoldering in his eyes.

I hesitated, caught between propriety and overwhelming want. Before I could make up my mind, he growled, "Fuck that," and his mouth crashed over mine in a searing, hungry kiss.

The moment our lips met, a tidal wave of unfamiliar emotions stormed within me. And I didn't want to think now. I simply surrendered to the intoxicating heat.

He angled my head for deeper access, his skilled tongue devouring mine with relentless demand, mapping until no corner went untouched.

I was only vaguely aware of fisting my hands in the front of his shirt, pulling him impossibly closer.

He eliminated what little space remained between us, one strong arm banding around my lower back while his other hand slid down to hitch my thigh over his waist.

Our bodies melded together in a hot line as his ravenous mouth worked devastatingly sweet magic on mine.

Our harsh, mingled breaths and the wet sounds of our famished kissing were the only noises in the humid air, the pattering rain outside drowned to a distant hush.

My head swam deliriously, all thoughts of him being my childhood rival- or anything else - faded by the explosive need consuming me.

Just when I thought I might actually pass out from lack of oxygen, he finally tore his lips from mine. We both panting heavily in the aftermath of our make-out session.

I could only gaze up at him hazily, taking in his tousled dark hair, swollen lips, and the blazing want in his lust-darkened eyes.

"Asher, wait...we ca-" I tried breathlessly, still fighting against the insistent pull of desire.