Chapter six

Aaron Warner

After an argument with Ella, I find myself unable to sleep

After an argument with Ella, I find myself unable to sleep. I never ever blamed her for anything in my life and there is a good reason for that. But today I don't know what has gotten into me. Blaming my own fiancé for my own pain and jealousy, that doesn't look like myself.

The main problem is probably fear that Ella and I are both sharing, but none of us is brave enough to say it out loud.

Is my dad, I mean, Anderson really dead for good? Or will we have to deal with him for who knows what time.

I take a deep breath, trying to shove away all my thoughts. Whoever is out there, we will face him. Ella will be by my side and I will be by her side. Forever and even after that.

Ella's feelings snap me out of my thoughts. I can sense her starting to feel uncomfortable, scared and panicked.

I'm about to start to wake her up but then I remember I promised her that next time when I catch her having a nightmare I won't wake her up. I will let her face it.

Of course I didn't want to accept the deal so we made a new one. I will let her try to face it for five minutes. If five minutes passes - I'm waking her up.

Now it has passed 1 minute and 43 seconds.

Sweat is going down her forehead, as she is squeezing her eyes like she's struggling.

"Come on, Ella,", I mutter even though she can't hear me, "You can do this, I know you can, come on.", I pat her hair gently and suddenly she feels relaxed.

Her emotions start to cool down, and become aware that it is a dream.

Is it finally over?

Before the smile reaches my face she is feeling unwell again. I look at her, confusion taking over my face. Wasn't it just over? It won't give up that easy I see.

I whisper in her ear how much I'm proud of her and how I know she can do it. Even though she can't probably hear me. But that doesn't matter.

4 minutes and 34 seconds.

As much as I can't wait for that five minutes to tick down, I also want this 26 seconds to be enough.

"Come on, love. Think of me. Think of all our happy moments, I'm here to protect you always. Please, love."

4 minutes 47 seconds.

Well not tonight I guess... But we did make progress.

Ella made progress.

4 minutes 58 seconds.

In millisecond before I start to shake her gently so she wakes up, she is relieved again. All happy, even smile appeared on her face while she's dreaming. Her head is clear. Her emotions are positive, like they deserve to be, all the time.