Chapter five

Ella Warner

I'm sleeping between Nazeera and Kenji

I'm sleeping between Nazeera and Kenji. Not sleeping, but trying to at least. What is good is that, tonight, I'm not sleeping because of the news Nazeera told me. And thinking about Kenji who wants to propose and Nazeera who is pregnant is crazy. I can already imagine our children playing in the backyard, while four of us are having our fun in the house.

For example, Kenji playing with kids and trying to teach them special skills, Nazeera making lunch, Aaron looking out for our girl or boy, so they don't even have a stretch, and me probably filming some of their arguments and laughing my ass off with Naz.

But Nazeera and Kenji are both stressed about their decisions right now. That's because they are delusional. Nothing new, I guess.

After what I think has been 20 minutes, I realize Nazeera and Kenji are moving more and more. Changing positions all the time, and making weird noises.

What's wrong?

"Dad-", Nazeera mumbles in her dream.

Are they-? Is it possible that both of them have nightmares at the same time?

"Mom no!", Kenji says, "Dad, please, stop!"

Oh Kenji.

My heart breaks right there for him. He's dreaming of his parents.

"Kenji, Nazeera, wake up, please!", I say, hopefully that will work.

But nothing. Not even a flinch. Fear starts to overtake me. Did I do this to them? What is wrong with me? Please, wake up, please.

I can't stop my thoughts right now. I'm useless, I'm powerless.

Stop.

Help them.

"Nazeera!", I start to shake her, but as I do, she starts to scream.

No.

Please Naz, it hurts to see you like this. I turn around to look at Kenji.

Tears.

Tears rolling down his cheek.

"Please, guys, wake up!", I start to yell, what do I do now?

It's your fault.

No it's not!

Yes, it is. Nothing happened until you fell asleep next to them.

You're lying, they- they-.

See?

Next thing I saw was Aaron, holding me, Naz and Kenji standing behind him.

"What-?", I say

"Ella!", Aaron said relieved, "God thank you. Are you okay, love? Does anything hurt?"