The confruntion

Angela sighed as she scrolled through Lucy's incessantly buzzing phone. She felt conflicted about invading Lucy's privacy but couldn't ignore the urgency of the situation. Meanwhile, at roll call, Gray's concern was evident as he noticed Lucy's absence.

"Where the hell is Chen?" Gray demanded, his tone tinged with worry as he turned to Tim and Angela for answers.

Tim and Angela exchanged worried glances, unsure of Lucy's whereabouts.

After roll call, Gray instructed Tim and Angela to stay behind to address Lucy's absence.

"Maybe she overslept. I mean, I still have her phone on me, and it's been going crazy," Angela suggested, her voice reflecting her concern for Lucy's well-being.

"Have you looked?" Gray inquired, his tone grave.

"No, I didn't want to interfere in her private life," Angela admitted reluctantly.

"Well, we should probably look into that," Gray responded, his expression serious.

As they scrolled through Lucy's phone, they discovered a flood of messages from Chris, expressing anger and frustration at her lack of response.

"Tim, can you do a welfare check on Officer Chen?" Gray instructed, his concern deepening.

"Yeah, of course, but maybe you can come with me?" Tim suggested, his voice filled with urgency.

Gray agreed, and Angela offered her support, assuring them that she would be available if they needed backup.

Gray and Tim arrived at Lucy's apartment, where Lucy had just woken up, realizing she was late. Despite her pain, she tried to compose herself, only to be overwhelmed by self-loathing when she saw her reflection.

So she turned to one solution self harm. She took out a blade and then pressed it on her thigh many times before she bandaged them.

As Tim and Gray knocked on her door, Lucy feigned sleep, hoping to avoid confronting them. However, they entered to find her asleep on the couch, her appearance betraying her struggles.

Concerned, Tim gently woke her, prompting Lucy's defensive response.

"Chen, are you okay?" Tim asked, his voice filled with worry.

Confused and scared, Lucy insisted she was fine, but Tim and Gray remained unconvinced.

Tim confronted her about her low blood sugar and lack of food, refusing to leave until she ate something.

So he stayed and started to cook food.  He placed a plate in front of Lucy but she just staled at it not wanting to eat it bc of the pain and nauseous. 

"come on try some" he asked 

"I can't" she said and she broke down.