【CHAPTER 18: DUSTIN】

Asherah vs Rara 

  THE smells and sounds of the amusement park overwhelmed my senses. It was a humid day, but the sky was shrouded in a thick pool of clouds as far as the eye could see.

"Dada, ride!"

I looked down when I felt a strong hand tugging the hem of my shirt. Thunder was pointing at the cute Ferris wheel called Stone Eggs. It's a colourful dinosaur egg going round and round.

"Dada, I want to ride that dino, please," he begs.

"He wants to ride. Let him ride." Rara butted in, smiling.

I looked at her, and our eyes locked with each other. Bumuntong hininga ako at tumango. I wasn't a fan of heights, but anything for my son.

"Sure, why not?" I replied.

"Thank you, dada!" Thunder jumped and swatted my hand away with a playful grin.

Napangiti na lamang ako at binuhat ito sa bisig ko.

Rara smiled and encircled her hand on my arms. "Let's go," she said.

We headed through the crowd and arrived at the entrance. Nasa likuran namin sina Asherah at ang bodyguard ni Rara. Yes, kasama rin ang bodyguard ni Rara. Hindi ako pwede magreklamo dahil paniguradong magtataka sila.

As much as possible, I kept my distance from Asherah. Baka kasi magselos si Rara lalo na at kitang-kita ko kanina kung paano niya titigan ang babae. 

We entered the line behind the two teenagers who were talking together. A few moments later, one of the staff took us on the yellow dino egg ride. The ride then started.

"Whooo! Dada, so high!" Thunder exclaimed, giggling as the ride went peak.

"Look at the sky, baby!" Rara pointed at the blue sky.

I laughed when Thunder's eyes widened. He looked so happy and amazed. I secretly glanced at Asherah and caught her watching the two having fun.

"Bird!" Thunder shouted, almost jumping on my lap.

Rara took pictures of my son. She then focused the camera on all of us, including Asherah. Her bodyguard didn't join us for the ride. Killjoy siguro o baka takot sa mataas.

"Smile! Say cheese!"

We heard the continuous click as we posed.

After the short and simple ride, we decided to eat lunch in the food court. I suggested ordering food for us, including Asherah and Dawson's food. Ako na rin ang nagbayad kahit nag-offer si Rara.

I strolled into the Amazon grill side, where heavy food was served. For the dessert, I ordered from the Magnolia ice cream house. Paglingon ko sa likuran, naroon ang bodyguard ni Rara, nakaabang sa akin.

"What?" I asked cluelessly.

"Miss Rara asked me to help you," he simply said.

My eyes swim down to the ocean of people until it lay on our table. I spotted the girls talking together while Thunder was busy drinking his milk from the bottle.

"I got this," Dawson muttered and scooped the other tray in his hand.

"Yeah, okay," sagot ko na lang.

After having lunch, nagpahinga muna kami. Pagkaraan ng ilang minutong pagpapahinga, sumakay kami sa isa pang rides. Thunder was giggling beside me, enjoying the ride. Kasama na namin si Dawson, ang bodyguard ni Rara. Dalawa pang ikot, bumaba na kami mula sa mini train.