Chapter 4

No ones pov

It was late in the evening, and Hestia was wrapping Riku's arm tight. She continued to lecture him all throughout before he finally spoke up.

Riku: "Hey hey take it easy goddess I'm still sore from today."

Hestia: "Well, it'd be alot easier if you quit moving so much. Honestly Riku, why did you have to be so reckless earlier today? You put out so much mana that everyone in Orario felt it.

In another scenario, Riku wouldn't have to use the Nine Lives Bladeworks unless he had to, but unfortunately this wasn't one of those days. His fight with the Silverback was strange to say the least, normal Silverbacks are not as strong as the one he fought.

Riku: "It's not like I had a choice, the Silverback was abnormally strong for a normal one."

Bell: "He's right goddess, from what I heard, that Silverback isn't as aggressive as the one we faced; it was like it was specifically targeting us."

Hestia: "That's true I never seen something like that before. Riku, I do need to ask, what was that skill back there? I never saw it on your stats before."

Bell: "I'm wondering about that too Riku. I have never seen you project something that big or powerful before."

Riku: "Guess I do owe you two an explanation but I need to explain my magecraft a bit further."

Bell: "Wait, isn't Projection your magic though?

Riku: "It's a bit more complicated than just projection. You see, if a normal person would learn Projection magic, whatever the object the caster is trying to project, the object is on a time limit it would also be weaker than the original object. I have a unique version called Tracing. I'm not making hollow replicas of the object. I'm tracing the entire object's identity and making a near perfect copy of the original but that changed due to training. I can make perfect copies now so I can see who made the object, where it was created, who wielded that object etc and everything is taken into consideration."

Hestia: "That's really cool Riku but what is the skill you used?"

Riku: "Well the skill is a variation of the original skill of the owner I created. The name of it is Nine Lives Blade Works and by projecting that axe sword, I was able to copy the monstrous strength of the owner. All my stats are boosted pretty high, maybe even higher. Not only is my strength increasing but my speed as well so I can move past the speed of sound and hit just as hard. There is a downside. As you saw, I become heavily fatigued from using it, putting a great strain on my body. If I used it in the past, my body wouldn't be able to handle the backlash."

Hestia: "Riku, promise me you won't use that skill unless it's a last resort. Your entire right arm is bandaged because of that and I don't want to see you hurt by your own power just to win a fight, okay?"

Riku reassured her while bearing the pain a little while longer. He glanced over as Bell dropped the last of the boxes Hephaestus gifted Riku.

Bell: "This is some serious armor, Riku, and that bow it's made out of the same material as my knife."

Bell pulled out his knife and compared it to the bow Riku had received, admiring the craftsmanship.

Riku: "I see. I'll take a look at the armor in the morning. I'll see you in the morning, you two."

The next morning

By the next morning both Hestia and Bell were wide awake. The two are sitting in the living room having breakfast made by Riku. A simple meal with bacon, eggs and hash was plated for everyone. With the Hestia Familia on a tight budget, Riku can't cook what he actually wants except for breakfast.