Chapter 5

Shehnaaz widen her eyes looking at kabir who switch on the stove. Kabir saw her horrified expression and smile.

"You are lucky that my mood is good today. Otherwise you can't even imagine what I can do. So this is a small punishment... A tiny one. C'mon now be a good girl and quickly give me your hand"

He forward his hand smiling. Shehnaaz tears were not stopping.

"Kabir... Kabir please... I didn't do anything... I'm... I'm really sorry... Please forgive me... One last time kabir... I'm telling you this won't happen again... Ever... Please don't do this... Kabir... Please.... Listen..."

She was crying and begging for some mercy but he forcefully hold her hand and burned that under the stove. Her screams echoed through out the mansion.

He took some steps towards her and she take steps back until she hit the wall. He slapped her hard and pulled her hair in his fist.

"If I saw that guy... Or any other guy around you... Like that... I don't know what I will do... You just keep looking at your hand so that you don't repeat that again. You are my wife... And only I have all the rights on you. I can do whatever I want with you but if I ever saw you are giving that right to someone... Just remember your burnt hand"

He left saying that. Shehnaaz fall on the floor putting her hand on her mouth, tightening the grip by each passing second so that her screams don't go out of the kitchen. She was trying to hold her breath. Her tears were not ready to stop because her hand was burning but she was not in a state to do something for that.

After hours of crying and sitting there alone, no one was there to ask about her. When her tears dried, she get up and put her hand under the running water. She closes her eyes as the burning sensation was still on top. She take deep breaths and cursed her fate.

Shehnaaz came into her room and saw kabir was sleeping. She looked at herself in the mirror couldn't recognise herself. What life has done to her. Her messy hairs, swollen eyes, dried tears, blood from her lips. She changed into night dress. Shehnaaz saw the time and started preparing dinner with her one hand.

After she is done she came back in her room. She didn't have the courage to wake him up but can't let him sleep without eating anything. She take a deep breath and called him out.

"Kabir"

She again called his name in her cracking voice when he didn't replied.

"Shehnaaz what you want now??"

"Uh dinner is ready"

"I'm tired yrr"

"Please have something kabir... Then you can sleep... I promise I won't disturb you"

"Coming"

Shehnaaz nodded and came downstairs waiting for him. When she saw him sitting on the dinning table, she served him. He took a bite and look at her. Shehnaaz got scared and gulped.

"Tum khana bnana bhi bhool gyi ho??"

"Nhi woh...."

He threw the plate and shehnaaz fliched. When he looks at her, he get up from his place and move towards her. Shehnaaz taken a back but look at him shocked when he wiped her tears.

"You know na I don't want to do all this..  right? To tum kyu mujhe baar baar gussa dilati hu... Kyu hrr baar aisa kuch kr deti ho that I have to do all this."

"I'm sorry"

Shehnaaz utter looking down. He hold her arm and made her sit on the chair.

"When I saw him holding your hand I just lost my cool shehnaaz. You know how possesive I am for my things. And you are mine, how can he do that. I was not wrong. I was just angry. Haina??"

Shehnaaz nodded. She was not looking up in his eyes.

"Tumne ispe medicine kyo nhi lagayi?? It'll get worse if you won't do anything and leave it like that.. you're a doctor... Am I supposed to tell you all this. How can you be careless about yourself."

He cupped her face when she didn't say anything.

"Shehnaaz... I love you... I really do... Sometimes I get angry and do all this stupidity but that doesn't mean I don't care about you. You are the only person left in my life and i can't afford to lose you. That is the reason when I see someone else around you I just get scared and can't control myself. If you won't understand then who will?? You love me?!Right??"

Shehnaaz nodded while hands were still shivering.

"Say it shehnaaz"

"Hnn... I.. I love you..."

He smiled and hugged her while tears roll down from her eyes.

"Tum yahi ruko m abhi aata hu"

He leave from there to get first aid box.

Next day...

Shehnaaz was in her cabin when the nurse asked her to do last checkup of sidharth before discharging him.

"I told you to talk to Dr. Priya... I don't have time "

"Dr. Priya is on leave today. We have to wait till tomorrow then"

"There are so many doctors in the hospital!!"

"Everybody is in their respective departments. If somebody could have available then I wouldn't be here. But if you are busy then we will wait for Priya mam and discharge him tomorrow."

"Nooo... He will be discharged today only. You arrange everything, I'm coming"

"Okay"

Shehnaaz enter inside and look at sidharth who smile towards her.

"Heyy shehnaaz..."

He sighed when she didn't replied.

"Actually i wanna apologize if your husband felt bad yesterday... I didn't have any other intentions but he came at the wrong time and misunderstood everything. But you know he is not the only one who was hurt, I was also hurt and disappointed when I got to know that you are married"

He stopped when he received a glare from shehnaaz. She was doing her work and continued.

"I mean... Uhh I like you shehnaaz... I thought I just found someone"

Shehnaaz look at him with wide eyes.

"But you know, there is no point to talk about all this now. Whatever I have for you is my problem, it has nothing to do with you."

Shehnaaz didn't know how to react so she decided to leave but Sidharth held her hand.

"At least liste...."

"Ahhh"

Shehnaaz screamed in pain because of his grip on her burnt hand. He immediately looks at her hand and leaves it.

"What happened to your hand??"

"Nothing"

"Shehnaaz don't lie... I can see the bandage on your hand"

"It's none of your business... Stay out of it"

"You know what... I don't care if it's my business or not... But now I want to know"

"What is wrong with you"

"Just tell me shehnaaz, otherwise I will not let you go"

He decided to remove her bandage when she didn't tell him anything.

"What are you doing Sidharth?! Stop it... Please"

She crack up in the end. He looks in her eyes and his restless increased seeing tears in those eyes. He removed her bandage and saw her hand which was completely burnt. He was dumbfounded.

______________

How's it??? I hope the story is going well...

What will happen in next part?? Stay tuned to know...

Do leave you votes and comments😊