Chapter 9

Belle, Will, and Cristina were all sat by Tris's bed in the infirmary when she opened her eyes and looked up at them.

"Wow. You look... look bad." Cristina said as they all smiled at her, Tris cracked a smile before looking at the guy a couple beds away.

"How long have I been here?" She asked them.

"About a day." Will told her.

"A day? Have you seen the scoreboard? Where am I?" Tris asked and they all looked at the ground.

"Your below the line." Belle told her as Tris looked at their outfits.

"Why are you wearing those vest?"

"War games." Will told her after a moment of silence and Tris went to sit up.

"Woah. What are you doing?" Belle asked stopping her.

"I'm coming." Tris told them.

"You can't." Cristina shook her head.

"Eric says you're done." Will told her as Belle shook her head.

"What?"

"He said you're out. Your father's on the council, Tris. Maybe they'll make an exception and let you go home." Will tried to tell her as Tris shook her head before laying back down.

"We're sorry, Tris." 

"We gotta go. We're gonna miss the train." Will told them and Belle stood up off Tris's bed.

"Yeah, okay." Cristina said and turned to follow him out.

Belle stopped and turned back to Tris.

"I tried to fight him  on it, but he put his foot down." Belle told her but Tris just stared up at the ceiling, tears pooling in her eyes. Belle walked out after a moment of Tris saying nothing. 

They all got on the train and ran and got on. Belle was stood in the back when saw Four lean out of the train and pull someone in. She looked around him and saw Tris pulling herself into the train. Belle, Cristina, Will, and Al all walked over to her.

"Hi." Cristina said

"Hi." She breathed heavily.

"What are you doing here?" Will asked.

"I just figured that I had to make it." Tris told them as Belle looked over seeing Eric walking over.

"Who let you out?" He asked her and she stared at him for a moment.

"I did." Tris told them.

"You did?" Eric said and no one spoke for a moment, "Okay." He said before looking over at Belle then turning and walking away.

"Let's sit you down." Cristina said and they all walked over to the side and sat down.

An hour later Four and Theodore threw two black duffle bags on the ground.

"The games simple. It's like capture the flag." Four told them as everyone turned to him.

"Weapon of choice." Eric held up a dart gun. 

"You call that a gun?" They heard Mollee muttered and Eric loaded it and shot it into her leg and she fell back into the wall with a yell. Eric leaned down and pulled the dart out of her leg after she fell to the ground.

"Neuro-stim dart. Simulates the pain of a real gunshot wound. Only lasts a couple minutes. Two teams. Four and I are captains." Eric told everyone.

"You pick first." Four told him.

"Okay. Edward." Eric said.

"I'll take the stiff." Four looked over at Tris.

"Oh. Picking the weak ones so you've got someone to blame when you lose." Eric said and Four smiled and nodded his head.