Chapter 5, Intentions

"𝐇𝐞𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐟 𝐈 𝐭𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐨𝐥?"

While you nervously stood in the large space, you couldn't help but think about all the possible outcomes of today. The first day of shooting was supposed to be scary, but having your least favourite person with you made it a lot worse than it should have been.

The amount of people that were already on set were getting on your nerves, not because they were annoying you or anything, but because you weren't used to anyone involving themselves in the scripts or films you had created. 

For college you had filmed around five short films before, but all of them were purely amateur, with little to no pressure whatsoever. This time around, you could feel your palms grow more and more sweaty as you stood there, watching over a dozen people perfecting the first set you were going to film at.

Most of the story took place outside, which made it a lot easier to work with a budget, but there were also scenes that required a lot of work, balancing it all out in a way. One of your friends had joked about the starbucks fiasco Game of Thrones went through, and how it seemed like something you would accidentally allow, but now you had unironically been stressing about it for almost an entire week.

The mention of Game of Thrones slightly startled you, but you had managed to hide things like that from your friends pretty quickly. In the time you had known Bella, this was practically everything that was publicly known about them. 

Someone found out about their appearance on the show in year nine, and since then they were referred to as the dragon kid, not an aspiring nickname to say the least. Your friends at the time, among your other classmates, often made fun of Bella for this.

You had always found it interesting, and out of pure curiousity went to check their acting debut out, only to be surprised by their talent. Since then, you had always brushed it off whenever someone tried to make fun of it, and even turned it into something that was considered 'cool', even by your friends.

They had looked so tiny in the show, it was often hard to believe that Bella was actually the one who played the character. When the two of you first began talking to one another, you never really brought it up, afraid they were embarrassed by it.

Almost as if they were reading your mind, Bella, along with several other people you had casted less than a fortnight ago, walked onto set. The brunette seemed focused, like they were ready to do their job. You secretly hoped this meant that they wouldn't try to talk to you, not on the first day at least.

The next few minutes were uncomfortable for you, because while the rest of the cast was trying to get to know each other, you kept your distance, terrified of what Bella may say to you if you did decide to blend in.