Snow Sunflower

Setting myself on my bedroom, I lay sprawled out looking up at the ceiling. My clock ticking at every second that I wasted just laying there doing nothing. "I'm so bored," I mumble to myself as I slowly sit up. Looking lazily around for something to do, my eyes get cought by something yellow. Jumping off my bed, I walk over to the yellow object and realize what it was. Picking the object up, I see that it was a post card with a picture of a beautiful sunflower field on it. Flipping it around, I read who it was from. "Oh, it's from my penpal in Russia," reading the rest of it in my head.

Dear ______,

How have you been? Here in Russia there is always snow and we rarely get to have a day without seeing some on the ground, so it gets kind of boring. It's pretty cold over here too, but I've learned to get used to it. I hope that one day we can actually see a sunflower field as beautiful as the one on this card. Maybe I can visit you one day, maybe see some sunflowers too.

Ivan

A smile crept onto my face at his letter. "What if I actually got to meet him one day," I began to say to myself, "then we can see the sunflower fields together." For some reason I felt my cheeks get hot. Maybe I was in love with him, even though I haven't even seen him yet. Holding the card close to my chest I imagin what it would be like to actually talk to him. "Maybe one day," I mumble as I put the card back on the desk.

Stretching my arms, I glance out the window and look at the cloudy sky. Not shortly after, I started to see tiny snow flakes falling from up above. Walking over to the window I watch as people outside run around and try to escape the tiny flakes of white. It's nearing the end of winter here so this is probably the last snow of the year. Looking past the running people, I spot the sunflower field that I planted. The only reason I decided to plant so many sunflowers is because I wanted Ivan to have something to see if he comes to visit one day.

Suddenly I see the mail man walk up to my mail box and put another post card into the mail box. Smiling excitedly I run to the door, put on my shoes, and run outside to get the new mail. As I run down the stairs I can only think of what Ivan has written to me today. Opening the mail box I pull out some junk mail and the very lovely post card. The picture on the cover was different from the other covers of sunflowers and snow. It had three people on it. A girl with long hair, one that was very busty, and a man with a scarf wrapped around his neck and smiling happily.

Walking back to my house, I keep examining the picture. When I get inside, I put the junk mail on the table and sit down to read the postcard.

Dear _______,

The picture on the front is of my sisters and I. This was back when we used to kind of get along. Now a days, they have all moved away and left me alone. It gets kind of lonely sometimes. Which comes to me saying that I'm planing on visiting your country for a week. I can't wait to finally get to see you in person. Be there in a few days.

Ivan

I felt my heart beat faster at seeing he wrote he was going to visit, and the fact that I would finally be able to meet him in person. Holding the postcard close to my chest, I thought of us finally being able to see the sunflower field together. I ran up to my room, put the postcard next to all my other post cards from him, and changed my clothes to jogging pants and a t-shirt.

"Time to get this house clean! A guest is coming!"

I start to clean every inch of the house with rapid speed. Within two hours I had the whole house cleaned and sparkling. Wiping the sweat off my forehead, I admire the cleanliness of the house and put away my cleaning supplies.

"Perfect."

Suddenly my stomach growled and it echoed throughout the house. Laughing awkwardly I walk to my fridge.