Reminisce With Me

*•.Got inspired to write for Russia since I started to connect with his character more. Hope you like ^J^.•*

You aren't one to trust easily but on a rare occasion you will instantly put all of your faith in somebody. Normally you wouldn't know why you felt as if you could trust that person with your life but you just let your gut lead you. This happened only once so far with a guy in your school. You barely knew anything about him but your gut told you he was trust worthy. This guy towered over all the students and teachers in the halls and seemed to have one or no friends around him most of the time. That surprised you since he seems like a nice guy. The aura around him just seemed welcoming to you.

It was in the middle of lunch that you decided to talk to him. He sat at a table in the corner of the lunch room all by himself. Although he was smiling you felt like he was just trying to use that as a coverup for how alone he felt. As you reached his table you watched as he looked at you, confused as to why you were heading towards him. You stopped walking as soon as you were standing right in front of his sitting figure. He said, "hello" and you couldn't help but smile at being able to finally hear his voice. You pointed at the seat next to him and asked, "can I sit with you?" His face immediately lit up with overwhelming happiness. The aura around him seemed to warm up and become softer as you took your seat and took out your lunch. It was nothing special, just a sandwich and some water, but you were fine with that. The guy next to you looked at your lunch then asked, "would you like some?" You looked over at what he was thinking of sharing and saw two containers of some sort of foreign delicacy. Whatever it was, it smelled and looked pretty good. Smiling you said, "sure! Thank you so much!" And that was the start of an amazing friendship.

[Future/After College]

You marched through the thick snow in the humungous country known as Russia. The sky was a light gray and the air was refreshing but cold. Many people preferred to go to a much warmer country on summer vacation but that was something that never crossed your mind. You had somewhere important to go. Someone special you had to see. A guy whom you haven't seen in over eight years. The man who had the honor of gaining your attention was named Ivan Braginsky. He's a sweet, tall, Russian male who has been a best friend and secret crush of yours since high school. You'd never let him know of your "undying love" for him but someday you hope you could. Living the rest of your life with him would be a dream come true to you, but you're pretty sure it's not the same for him. You bet he'd prefer to have you as only a friend than a lover anyway.

You looked down at your phone, the address to your friend's place saved in your email. "Ok, almost there," you said to yourself as you marched on the snow covered sidewalk. The snow was up to your mid calf so lifting your legs up to your chest as you stepped seemed to work best. If nothing you got a heck of a good workout making your way to his house. When you turned the corner you spotted a house. It wasn't too big or too small, but it was beautiful. The traditional design of its roof and the clean color of the window frames just screamed out how much the owner loved their home.

You trudged to the steps and reached the front door. With one hand in your coat pocket and the other holding your phone, you used the back of your hand to knock. The echo your knuckles made when it hit the thick door just emphasized the fact that nobody but you was outside today. It was too cold for any normal person to be about walking around. But you're not normal, now are you?

After a second or so, you heard heavy footsteps approaching from the opposite side of the door. The sounds of locks being undone and a door chain being taken off got you thinking "why in the world does he need so many locks?" The door opened not long after to reveal the very tall man that you fell for. Ivan Braginsky. His violet eyes shimmered when he looked at you. "Hello ____! Long time no see, da?" he said, cheer in his voice as his cheeks became a light pink from the chill outside. You smiled in return and started to shake off the snow on your boots and pants outside. "It's great to see you again! Can I come in? It's cold out here," you say as your shrug off some snow on your shoulders. Ivan nods then moves aside to let you in. You happily hop inside his house, the warm air melting all the icicles that formed in your hair on your way here. "Thanks so much," you said with gratitude as he closed the door and helped you take off your heavy winter coat.