More than a Friend

Silas's POV

Within minutes, we arrive at Ria's apartment. I park and prop the bike on the kickstand before sliding off the seat and turning off the engine. I don't take nearly enough time to appreciate how adorable she looks sitting on the back of my bike as I wrap my arms around her and scoop her off the bike. When her shoes hit the pavement, I tug her close so I can unclip the buckle under her chin and pull off the helmet for her.

Her chest heaves as she stares up at me, eyes wide and her wild hair all over the place.

"Well?" I pull off my own helmet and set both of them on my seat. "What do you think?"

"That wasn't so bad."

I chuckle. "I told you, I'm a safe driver. Maybe next time you won't have to squeeze all the air out of me."

She grimaces. "Sorry."

She takes another look at my bike as if she's ready to judge it, then her eyes widen. "Is that a Kawasaki?"

I laugh at her reaction. "The one and only Kawasaki Ninja H2R, princess."

She gasps at me, sucking in a breath. "Blue eyes," she says, her voice filled with awe, "It's magnificent."

I smirk, loving the way she reacts to my bike. "You should see it when it's in action."

She raises an eyebrow, her cheeks flushing slightly. "I'll take your word for it."

I step closer, our bodies almost touching. "You look good on the back of a bike, Ria."

Her blush deepens, and she looks away, trying to hide her smile. "Thanks, Silas."

I lean in a little closer, enjoying the effect I have on her. "You know, if you ever want another ride, just let me know. I'm always happy to be your chauffeur."

She meets my gaze, her eyes sparkling with a mix of amusement and something else I can't quite place. "I'll keep that in mind, Silas."

With a final teasing grin, I take a step back. "Well, I should let you get inside. Don't want to keep you standing out here all night."

She nods, still smiling. "Yeah, I should get going." She walks towards the door before she turns back and hugs me. "Thank you. I needed that, blue eyes"

Her sudden embrace takes me aback, but I quickly recover and wrap my arms around her, returning the hug. "Anytime, Ria," I say softly, feeling a warmth spread through me at her words.

As she pulls away, I meet her gaze, noticing the sincerity in her eyes. "You take care of yourself, okay?"

She nods, a small smile playing on her lips. "You too, Silas."

With that, she turns and heads inside, leaving me standing there with a smile on my face.

I ride back home, the empty seat behind me a constant reminder of her absence. The roads seem desolate, echoing the loneliness I feel without her by my side. I despise the way she stirs up these emotions within me, the longing I can't seem to shake.

Stopping my bike in front of my house, I prepare myself for the inevitable lecture I'll receive for being late. But the time spent with her is worth any scolding.

"Yeah, yeah, come in. And do enlighten me on where you've been," my sister's voice cuts through the silence of the house. With Mom and Dad out of town, it's just the two of us.

"Well hello to you too dear sister" I chuckle at my sense of humor.

"Silas..." she warns.

I raise my hands in surrender, "Fine, fine. I had to drop someone home."

She sees right through me, "The 'just friend'?"

I hesitate but then sigh, "Yes, 'just friend'."

Mia sits down and pats the seat next to her, a mischievous glint in her eyes. "So, spill the beans, Silas. Who's the lucky girl?"

I chuckle, shaking my head. "No one, Mia. Just a friend."

She raises an eyebrow, clearly unconvinced. "Just a friend? You seem pretty smitten for just a friend."

I feigns innocence. "What are you talking about? She's just someone I know from around."

"Sure you do. I'll let you keep your secrets.......for now," she grins.

We talk about our performance and further gigs we have to play. Our conversation flows easily, we eat dessert as dinner like the brats we are. 

It's fun talking to my sister. All I know is that the world can end, and everyone can turn their back on me, but she will always be there with me.

I reside to my bed, and my thoughts swirl to Ria. Her tinted cheeks when I tease her, her sarcastic replies, the mischievous glint in her eyes, and the way she hugged me tonight.

'Maybe, she's not just a friend.'