ENCOUNTER

✧

UA was bigger than I could've imagined. It is quite literally the biggest block of industrialised land I've set foot on. The famous glass tower reached higher than I could see, the top -wherever it was, vanishing into the deep blue of the sky. It was packed, bursting to the seams with students, parents and unsurprisingly, heroes. There were streamers hung from every pole and any surface that string and tape could be wrapped around. Even the UA symbol, on the large blue entrance gate was adorned with colourful bunting and a cardboard cutout of All Might's face. I can't even fathom what it'd be like as the number one hero and teaching at a school like this.

"Here you go!" A student dressed in the iconic grey-green blazer hands me a flyer. One glance reveals a map of the school campus on one side and the other the itinerary for the day.

UA SCHOOL FESTIVAL PROGRAM

START 9:00am

• CLASS 1A PERFORMANCE
10:00am - 11:00am

• CLASS 1B PERFORMANCE
11:30am - 12:30pm

• BEAUTY PAGEANT
1:00pm - 2:00pm

• DEVELOPMENT STUDIO EXHIBITION
2:00pm - 2:30pm

ALL DAY EVENTS
• CLASS 1C HAUNTED MANSION
• OBSTACLE COURSE
• FOOD STALLS

END 3:15pm

I hummed as I recognised certain classes on the flyer, it seems as though the 1st years were in charge of hosting the festival this year. I make a mental note to go visit all the activities related to my UA friends and set off into the vast campus.

Navigating the food stalls felt like trying to work the roads of a mini city, with the amount of stores they crammed into this joint you could probably appoint a town name and everything. My stomach grumbled at the scent of the wafting foods, sweet and savoury coming from all directions as I attempted to push myself through the sea of passers-by's. In the midst of the rush I catch glimpse of a blonde tuft of hair- I could recognise that thing anywhere.

"Mirio?" His name had left my mouth before I even double checked if it was him or not, surely enough as he turned around, his familiar blue eyes met mine.

"Hello! Sorry, do I know you?" He turns, making his way through the crowd. It is only then I notice the child that is clinging onto his side, her hand intertwined with his.

"Ohh it's me (y/n)!" I laugh, this is what I get for not putting myself as my profile picture I suppose.

"(y/n)?" His face blinks with recognition, before his arms wrapped around me in a tight hug. "Oh wow! What are you doing here?"