Mistakes can be forgiven

Yoonkook
---

Jungkook sat on the edge of the rooftop, legs dangling precariously over the ledge. The city sprawled beneath him, a chaotic mess of lights and noise, but up here, it was eerily silent. He liked it that way. Silence meant peace, and peace was a rare commodity in his life.

He was deep in thought when he felt a presence beside him. Turning slightly, he saw Yoongi standing there, his hands shoved into the pockets of his worn jacket. His eyes, as always, were unreadable.

"Hey," Jungkook greeted softly.

"Hey," Yoongi replied, sitting down beside him. "What are you doing up here?"

Jungkook shrugged. "Thinking."

"About what?"

"Everything," Jungkook sighed. "You ever feel like you're stuck, Yoongi-hyung? Like no matter what you do, you can't move forward?"

Yoongi was silent for a moment, his gaze fixed on the horizon. "Yeah," he said quietly. "All the time."

They sat in companionable silence, the weight of their unspoken words hanging in the air. Yoongi was the only one who understood Jungkook without needing an explanation, and that was a comfort in itself.

"You know," Yoongi began, his voice breaking the silence, "sometimes, it's not about moving forward. Sometimes, it's about finding a way to live with where you are right now."

Jungkook looked at him, confused. "What do you mean?"

Yoongi turned to face him, his expression softer than usual. "We're all running from something, Jungkook. Our pasts, our mistakes, our fears. But running doesn't solve anything. It just makes the ghosts chase you harder."

Jungkook frowned, absorbing his words. "So, what do we do then?"

"We face them," Yoongi said simply. "We confront our demons and make peace with them. It's the only way to move on."

Jungkook nodded slowly, his mind racing. Yoongi's words made sense, but they were easier said than done. His past was a minefield of pain and regret, and the idea of facing it was terrifying.

But with Yoongi by his side, maybe, just maybe, he could find the strength to try.

---

The days turned into weeks, and Jungkook found himself spending more and more time with Yoongi. They talked about everything and nothing, sharing stories and secrets that they'd never told anyone else. It was as if the rooftop had become their sanctuary, a place where they could escape from the world and just be themselves.

One evening, as the sun dipped below the horizon, Jungkook finally gathered the courage to share his deepest secret with Yoongi.

"Hyung," he began hesitantly, "there's something I need to tell you."

Yoongi looked at him, his eyes filled with quiet understanding. "What is it, Jungkook?"

Jungkook took a deep breath, his heart pounding in his chest. "When I was younger, I... I did something terrible. I hurt someone I cared about, and I've never been able to forgive myself."

Yoongi listened intently, his expression never wavering. "What happened?"

Jungkook swallowed hard, the memories flooding back. "It was an accident, but... it doesn't change what I did. I lost control, and because of me, they... they got hurt."

Tears welled up in his eyes, and he looked away, ashamed. "I never meant for it to happen, but it did. And I've been carrying that guilt ever since."

Yoongi placed a hand on his shoulder, his touch gentle and reassuring. "Jungkook, we all make mistakes. It's part of being human. What matters is that you recognize it and try to make amends."

"But how?" Jungkook asked, his voice breaking. "How do I make up for something like that?"

"You start by forgiving yourself," Yoongi said softly. "You can't change the past, but you can learn from it. You can be better."

Jungkook looked at him, tears streaming down his face. "How do you do it, hyung? How do you live with your past?"

Yoongi smiled sadly. "I don't have all the answers, Jungkook. But I know that holding on to the pain only makes it worse. We have to let go, even if it's just a little bit at a time."

Jungkook nodded, his heart feeling a little lighter. For the first time in a long time, he felt a glimmer of hope. Maybe, with Yoongi's help, he could find a way to forgive himself and move forward.

---

As the weeks turned into months, Jungkook and Yoongi grew closer, their bond deepening with each passing day. They faced their demons together, supporting each other through the darkest moments and celebrating the small victories.

One night, as they sat on the rooftop, Jungkook turned to Yoongi, his heart full of gratitude. "Thank you, hyung. For everything."

Yoongi smiled, his eyes reflecting the warmth of the city lights. "You don't have to thank me, Jungkook. We're in this together."

Jungkook nodded, feeling a sense of peace that he hadn't felt in years. With Yoongi by his side, he knew that he could face whatever challenges lay ahead. They had each other, and that was enough.

In the end, it wasn't about forgetting the past or erasing the pain. It was about finding the strength to carry on, to face each day with courage and hope. And in Yoongi, Jungkook had found a kindred spirit, a friend who understood him in a way that no one else ever could.

Together, they would navigate the world with there friends, finding solace in their shared journey. And as they sat on the rooftop, watching the stars twinkle in the night sky, they knew that they were no longer alone.

For in the whisper of the past, they had found the promise of a brighter future.

____

Hi y'all how have you been

I haven't been active because of my exams

I decided to drop this story out of nowhere because I'm so obsessed with begin≠youth series and hyyh is general. And my favourite duo is definitely yoonkook so I wanted to write a story for them.

It's up to u if u view this as romantic or friendship 💟

Bora 💜