2

|Vivian's POV|

"Hello there."

I flinched when I suddenly heard a voice behind me. When I turned around I saw Astrid smiling at me. I sighed and tried to calm myself down.

"Astrid, your smiles always makes me feel at ease and all, but I'm gonna be dead at 30 if you keep doing that."

I retorted, my breathing slightly shaking out of shock. Caressing my chest to calm my heart beat.

"Not my fault you're being too tense, and you suddenly disappeared when the bell ranged. I was looking everywhere for you."

Astrid shrugged, she settled herself beside me leaning on the big lump of tree. I found a place where I can hide from those prying eyes, located behind the facility. Despite the wall hindered the view of the outside, the breeze still flows smoothly and fresh.

"What were you doing out here anyways?"

She asked me while sitting down next to me. I looked at her from the corner of my eye and didn't say anything the first seconds she asked it. I don't know if I should tell her this, I don't want to burden her.

"Nothing, I just wanted some fresh air, it's overwhelming in there."

I said while shrugging my shoulders, deciding not to tell her. At least not now yet, I hugged my knees on my chest, and leaned my chin on it.

I wondered what this wall was for. As far as I know there's no danger that could possibly threaten our school as we have most of the powerful people gathered here in this place.

"What is this wall for by the way?"

I asked Astrid. She seems to know a lot about this place, and the people around. Might as well ask her.

"Eehh, you didn't know?"

Astrid asked. Perplexed by that reaction, I raised an eye brow at her.

"I wouldn't ask if I know, would I?"

I responded sarcastically.

"What the hell dude, I was just asking, but seriously you really don't know?"

" Bi- You know what, just answer me, or else I'm gonna lose my mind."

I sighed and shook my head. I stopped myself from cursing at her, as we just met a few days ago. I still need to respect her.

"What the hell, how do you not know about it."

Nevermind. I pushed her head a bit hard making her stumble on her sitting position. She ended up lying down on her side, face first on the grassy dirt. She goes back to sitting position after some time and glares at me while caressing her nose. I bursted out in laughter witnessing the hilarious scene.

"What's with you people smacking my head around, I'm gonna be decapitated by that end of the week."

She grunted playfully glaring at me while caressing her face after being smashed on the dirt. Her nose red from the impact.

I wiped the tears on the corner of my eye, forming from too much laughing.

"You should've answered me then."

"It's not funny dude, what the hell."

She stated but she was also close to laughing.

I chuckled and calmed myself down from laughter.

I looked up at the tree, staring at it's details. It's leaves falling down and swirling along the gentle breeze, the soft branch swaying. Birds chirping among the trees around.