⦗ 𝟎𝟕 ⦘ the city of starlight

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 - the city of starlight

            𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐌𝐀𝐃 𝐀𝐓 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐅 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐀𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍 and putting herself in this precarious situation

𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐌𝐀𝐃 𝐀𝐓 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐅 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐀𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍 and putting herself in this precarious situation. She could feel the influence of the High Fae's magic coursing through her veins, making her feel more powerful, yet also more vulnerable. She should have known that Rhysand wouldn't let his temperamental Inner Circle be an easy compromise. Still, she hoped her annoyance at this new demand would make it clear that she wasn't about to roll over and accept everything he proposed.

As she stood in the middle of her room, Alicent tried to contain her mounting frustration. The bargain she had struck with Rhysand was a dicey proposition to begin with, but now he was even more insistent that she works with Azriel. She had a feeling this was going to be a challenging partnership, to say the least.

Despite her misgivings, the female knew that she couldn't back down now. Either she played along with Rhysand's plans or risked losing everything she had worked for. She needed to make a strategic move, one that could potentially turn the tide in her favor.

Alicent took a deep breath and started to pack her bags. She had to be prepared for anything, which meant ensuring she had all of her essentials. She carefully folded her leathers, arranging them in a way that suggested they were a part of her everyday wardrobe. Next to them, she placed her weapons - an enchanted sword and a set of daggers - each one a testament to her fighting prowess.

She briskly selected a few dresses from her collection and added them to the bag, knowing that they could be useful in her dealings with the Inner Circle. These dresses were not just garments; they were tools in her arsenal, disguises to help her blend in when necessary.

The fabrics shimmered in the light, a stark contrast to the sharp edges of her weapons. Alicent knew the power of appearance, how it could be just as effective as any blade if wielded correctly. She had learned early on that appearances could be deceiving, and she intended to use that knowledge to her advantage.

As she zipped up her bag, Alicent's mind was already spinning with strategies and counter-strategies. Working with Azriel would require finesse and a delicate balance of power. She couldn't let him think he had the upper hand, even though she knew his shadows held secrets that could unravel her carefully constructed plans. She couldn't afford to let her guard down, not with Rhysand and his Inner Circle watching her every move.

Just then, a chilling whisper slithered through the room, sending shivers down Alicent's spine. "Lady Alicent," Sephtis intoned solemnly, her crimson eyes glowing in the dim light of the chamber. The wraith's voice was like a melody of the damned, a haunting echo that seemed to reverberate through the very walls.

Sephtis' ethereal form hovered before the blonde fae, her blood-red tendrils swirling around her like a macabre dance. Her presence always brought an eerie stillness to the air, as if time itself held its breath in her presence.