°| CHAPTER SIXTEEN |°

No one's  POV

Who else expected Gai will be complimenting his crush when he wakes up? Them ofcourse. Although it was unexpected to see Miyo a stammering mess, hard to keep her eyes on his brown ones. The mong was also surprised, but he didn't push her too much to ask a question.

"What happened? Am I the only one still recovering from whatever we defeated?"

They were kind of sad that he would be forgetting about something so important but enough to traumatize them, but glad that he didn't know what pain he go through. Rema patted his shoulder with a grin, "Yeah, you're kinda weak Gai." earning a playful frown on his face.

Gai felt overwhelmed about their new look, he didn't knew so much had changed as he recovered (I forgot to put that two months had passed) and compliments them one by one. He lastly looked at Miyo, who's squirming on her feet, feeling shy all of the sudden.

"I never knew you would let your ponytail out Miyo." He pointed out as he stared at her in awe, not missing her little gasp when she looked at him. The group knew the que, and quitely walked out of the room with a smirk on their faces, including Pala.

The cat tried to hide her mischievous hands behind her, containing her gaze on his innocent face. "W-Well, I was told to try it out, and I kinda...liked it."

Gai hummed, happy that she was finally talking to him. He was having a hard time to keep his smile from getting wider, which made her chuckle at his twitching face. His eyes widened at her sudden reaction, a blush covering his cheeks, as he was caught on her chuckles.

The group was so happy for them from the door, holding them back from the faces the two make as they chat.

"My girl is growing up." Rema sighed in relief as she wiped the tears that started forming in the corner of her eyes, alarming her boyfriend and rubbed her back comfortably. "You're really crying over this babe?"

Spin recieved a smack on the arm as the others laughed quietly, not wanting to ruin their moment. Then it became silent, not really expecting it. They were confused, "Should we go in?" Kuku asked. Shaun nodded and twisted the door open.

All of them taught that they fell asleep, but seeing the window open, without the two of them in the room, they let out a shriek. "Where did they go?!!"

Green olive eyes closed shut as she felt the wind surrounds her shivering body, as she wrapped her arms on Gai's neck. He had already said that he would never let her go, but she doubt it might backfire because he only woke up just an hour ago!

Who wouldn't worry getting their life risked when the healing mong needs some time to use his body properly. "Are you s-sure you're fully healed?" She asked outloud to hear her voice over the wind, still nervous around him, mostly because she didn't get this close to him before.

"You don't have to worry about that right now, worry about how the group will find us soon!"

Miyo can't help but laugh as they bounced each roof of every building, no wonder of what he was planning to go. "I'm not sure about Rema though, I can't wait to see you having a scratch mark on your face."

Gai looked down with a wide eyes, "No other scratches will touch this handsome face, unless it's from you." There it was, the same old Gai that she met at the running man championship.

A blush covered her apricot cheeks, nuzzling her head closely towards his chest. He smiled down at her peaceful face, unintentionally kissing her forehead and held his head up, jumping towards the beautiful sunset.

Meanwhile, somewhere dark and eerie, was the quite room where only a worn out light bulb was the only thing inside. Not until there was screaming, chains rattling on the bloodied cemented floor.

Bright brown eyes glowed terrifyingly looked down at him, making him cower more than he was pressed against the ground. "You really disappointed me Scar."

The gorilla shook his head in a hurriedly manner, tears falling out from his eyes. "I-I will get him next time, I promise!" Then he was whipped with another hot metal whip on the head, burning his fur. "Please! J-Just leave my family alone, I'll do anything!"

The cheetah wasn't convinced by his pleading, shaking his head as he turned around, masked guys replacing his position. "I don't need you anymore, goodbye old friend."

No one knew who he was, nor his intention in the first place. But with what was happening now, the gang can rest for months, without a worry of this unknown person.

Back with the group, everyone except Rema talked to Miyo, who's still has adrenaline from their chase. Though she's guilty of what was Rema doing to Gai, who's in the center of the river in the park, shouting back at her as she was angry that she can't swim.

Because first of all, she was the one who planned to escape them. But neither her or Gai had said anything, and Rema blamed it on him.

The other members had joined Gai, and some are sticking to the cat girl. Miyo watched from her spot on the bench, a smile stretching on her face. Liu was beside her, chuckling at the friends playing in the water. "Who would knew that they will be this close to him after he wakes up."

She laughed, staring at the mentioned mong. "It's ironic actually, since before we met the DV7, we're kind of distant to him. Now look at him, making fun of them like he was friends with them for years."

"Yeah, no wonder you fell for him."

She hide her blush with her face hiding behind her hands, making Liu laugh. Soon she removed them, a genuine smile over her tinted cheeks, was enough to form her like a beautiful painting. "As long as i can to keep him happy..."

"I will make him to like me."

"Now who's the lovesick cat now?"