Allora

(After Heroes of Olympus, books after do not exist in this fanfiction-I haven't read them, and they would just be too troublesome for the storyline

One week before 

My entire head had been foggy ever since I'd woken up alone on a deserted island.  I didn't have a clue how I'd gotten there; I was just there.  In the middle of nowhere.  Surrounded by the ocean.  

The last thing I could remember was that I was supposed to see my father for the first time in three years.  It should be in a week, maybe, that I was supposed to travel up to his village?  All I could think of to do was travel to my mother.   She would let me know for sure if I had missed anything.  

I had dived into the water and my legs almost immediately transformed into my shimmery blue tale.  My mother had punished me one time because I talked too much - it's a long story, the end result, I turned into a mermaid whenever I was in the ocean.  

When I had found her, she'd scolded and yelled at me, demanding where I had been for the past several months, which confused me.  I couldn't have been asleep that long.  Unless I had been in a coma... 

She'd grumbled something and ship sank down past us (my mother's Kympoleia, she likes to destroy ships no matter what mood she's in) and said that I'd better go to Camp Half-Blood, that Chiron would sort things out.  

So here I was, swimming into camp through the lake.  I was going come up where the dock was, but a boy with dark hair dressed in dark clothes was sitting there, looking sad and lonely.  It almost looked like he was talking to the lake.  I didn't see any naiads or anyone else.  Weird.  

I decided to find another and pulled myself up onto the earth, my tail separating into my legs and jean shorts again.  As I walked around, I noticed there was a lava rock wall.  I'd have to try that later.  

Then I spotted him.  A centaur carrying a bow over his shoulder as he casually walked, talking to a girl around ten with unusually pale skin and curly midnight hair.  Her eyes swirled and changed colors, right now swirling into different shades of greens and yellows.  

I walked over to them and raised my hand.  The girl looked at me and grinned, looking happy to see me.  The centaur looked slightly confused, racking his brain to figure out if he recognized me or not.  

Eventually, he came to the conclusion that he didn't.  "Who are you?"  

"I'm Allora Tyke,"  I told him.  "Daughter of Kympoleia.  My mother told me I needed to come here and that you would know what to do.  Actually, she wanted me to flood everything when I came in, but I thought it might be better not to.  Hey, can I check out the lava rock wall?  I-"  

"It's nice to meet you, Allora Tyke,"  Chiron said.  "Thank you for not flooding our camp-"  

"You're welcome.  My mother loves flooding things, but apparently, I've been gone some months, so who knows how many ships she's sunk.  I just woke up on a deserted island in the middle of nowhere.  No idea how I got there.  Must have been asleep for all those months."  

Chiron looked at me, then down at the girl.  "Asaka, can you escort Allora here to the Infirmary?  Tell Will she's similar to the other campers we've been finding."  

The girl nodded and smiled at me, gesturing for me to follow her.  I did, and we headed to the Infirmary.  We were greeted by a guy with golden hair wearing flip flops.  He told me to sit down on one of the cots.  

I realized the Infirmary was full of a lot of demigods, all sitting on cots but looking perfectly fine.  The boy I'd seen by the lake was talking with them, looking aggravated.  He made his way down the lines of cots, slowly making his way down to mine.  

When he looked at me his mouth dropped slightly.  "Allora?"  

"Hi?"  

"River said you died,"  he said, still staring at me.  "She said you died on a quest."  

"What river?"  I asked, then realized the river might be a person named River.  "Who's River?"  

"You're kidding,"  he said.  "We went on a quest together and found a comatose goddess.  You and River were pretty close."  

"I. . . I don't know what you're talking about,"  I told him, then spotted a plate of snacks Will Solace was carrying and eagerly snatched some from it.  

"I have proof!"  

He took out a journal from his aviator jacket pocket and tossed it into my lap.  I picked it up and looked through the water-stained pages.  It was in my handwriting, the ink I recognized from my shell pen I'd gotten from a beach gift shop.  

And I did talk about a girl named River.  But I still didn't have any memory of her.  I shook my head and gave the journal back to the clearly disappointed boy.  Asaka came running up to him and tugged at his jacket, wanting to show him something.  The two did seem familiar, I just couldn't tell where I'd seen them before.  

"What's your name?"  I asked.  

He turned back to me, frowning.  "Nico di Angelo."