Chapter Fourteen: Strega and The Full Moon Shadow

The next day, in the morning Yukari woke up Masato to help her in searching for Aigis, who somehow left the command room that night. And as the two reached Makoto’s closed door she knocked on it before speaking through it. 

Yukari: Hey, are you awake? That girl disappeared, and we can’t find her anywhere. Think you can help us out? She might’ve gone out on her own, like she did in Yakushima… 

Aigis: I am not a girl… I am Aigis, and I am here. 

Yukari: Huh…? 

Masato: What?

They said in shock as Aigis opened the door to Makoto’s room, where the said teen was still in bed as Yukari was shocked to see her. 

Yukari: Aigis!? How did you- - 

Aigis: He was asleep, so I unlocked the door. 

Yukari: That’s unlawful entry! Didn’t we tell you to stay in the command room at night!? 

Aigis: I propose to be on standby in this room from now on. Is this acceptable? 

Yukari: What!? N-No, it’s not acceptable! 

Masato: Um, no.

Aigis: If there is a problem, then I will address it promptly. 

Yukari: Uh, the problem is it’s against dorm regulations… Well, don’t just sit there! Tell her! 

Makoto: I don’t care. 

Yukari: Well, you should care! It’s just not acceptable! Tch… Alright, I’ll have a room prepared for you on the third floor. You can stay there. Oh, and don’t leave the dorm by yourself, okay? 

Aigis: I will do as commanded. 

Yukari: *sigh’ I’m tired… I have practice this morning, so I gotta go… 

Masato: I don’t think I’ll be able to get a bit more sleep now, so I’ll have some breakfast. 

He added as he walked out of the room after Yukari as Aigis was still in Makoto’s room, where the said teen was still in his bed as she spoke to herself. 

Aigis: …Everyone goes to a place called school in the morning. I comprehend. 

Makoto: ? 

He lay there confused by what Aigis said before she left the room, allowing him to get ready for school that day, as it was also the day where exam scores were going to be posted. And after school, that night, Shinjiro sat on the same small stairs behind the port as the punks around him noticed the strange trio enter the area, as they quickly left the alley. 

Takaya: Good evening. I’m glad to see that you’re well. Incidentally, I see that they’ve again added a new alley to their ranks. …Well, I suppose it’s more a pet than an ally. 

Shinjiro: Makes no difference to me. 

Takaya: It seems that what you told us before about their intentions was true. How lamentable…  It is up to each individual how he will use the strength granted him… But, to erase the Dark Hour would be denying the very power they possess. We cannot tolerate that. 

Shinjiro: Do whatever you want… 

He said not want to listen to the trio as he stood up and walked to the exit of the alley but stopped when Jin spoke. 

Jin: Hold it. …What’re ya gonna do? I know they asked you to come back. 

Shinjiro: *glares’ You’re startin’ to piss me off. 

Jin: They’re goin’ down, ya hear me? And if you’re on their side, then you’re going down too. 

Shinjiro: Like I said before… it doesn’t concern me.