seven┊ ➶ 。˚ °

HEART TO HEART
perfume !

"Dissendium."

Harry's spell sent the locket skidding across the forest floor, leaving the leaves below shrivelled and burnt, but the locket itself was untouched.

"Incendio," Hermione pointed her wand at it, making it temporarily burst into flames.

Avery hovered a step behind Hermione, toying with her own wand in her fingers; she wasn't very fond of verbal magic, not liking how someone could instantly know what spell she was about to cast, so she launched the locket against a tree with a silent reducto.

After several more failed attempts at destroying the locket, Harry picked it up and placed it over his head.

"What are you doing?" Hermione asked.

"We have to keep it safe until we find out how to destroy it."

"Fair enough," Avery muttered, still eyeing the locket warily.

"Seems strange, mate," Ron commented as the four of them headed back to the tent. "Dumbledore sends you off to find all these Horcruxes, but doesn't tell you how to destroy them. Doesn't that bother you?"

"Come off it, Ron," Avery sighed, but she couldn't help the worry worming in her stomach.

.・。.・゜✭・.

The next few hours were oddly calm; Avery and Hermione went on an extended walk to try forage for something, Hermione seeming slightly more reassured now that Ron was feeling better and she could openly wrap Avery into her arms whenever she needed a hug.

After they had managed to find some mushrooms, they headed back to the campsite to find Harry at the entrance of the tent, and Hermione instantly recognised the signs of another one of his visions.

"I thought it had stopped," Hermione sighed, sitting down while Avery paced around her. "You can't keep letting him in, Harry."

"You-Know-Who has found Gregorovitch," Harry told them.

"What, the old wandmaker?" Avery, who had been making random pebbles fly at her with a hushed accio, then catching them and throwing them again, looked up.

"He wants something that Gregorovitch used to have.. but I don't know what. But he wants it desperately. I mean, it's as if his live depended on it."

He suddenly flinched as the radio crackled from inside the tent.

"Don't," Hermione tried to plead with him, her eyes softening in a way that made Avery suddenly feel like her intestines had been replaced with a rollercoaster. "It comforts him."

"It sets my teeth on edge," Harry grumbled, irritated. "What's he expecting to hear, good news?"

"I think he just hopes he doesn't hear bad news," Hermione told him quietly.

Harry got up and brushed soil from his leggings. "How long until he can travel?"

Hermione looked up at him with a slight frown. "I- I'm doing everything I can,"