Anne Hathoway

Went house shopping. Found our dream apartment. Bought it. Moved in. Finished decorating.

A 3 month process.

Scarlett was picky with locations. I was picky with parking. And Gordon was just plain picky.

"And you guys made it work!" He looked around the space as if this wasn't his favorite one we looked at.

I ignored his sarcasm and admired the space. A 3 bedroom loft like apartment in downtown Minneapolis. We can walk everywhere and we're only 20 minutes from campus.

"Dadddd," Scar groaned, "You and Mom have been here for hours. We wanna watch a movie with Sully."

I glared at her, angry because Mrs. Santoro just cooked the best meal I've had in a while, "What she means is," I turned looked back at them, "she's cranky. You can tell." Glare at Scar again.

She stuck her tongue out at me, "I don't get cranky."

Deedee laughed, "You know, Natalie is too good at filling the hole you dug for yourself with her words."

It took every fiber of my being not to laugh. I can't laugh. I won't do it.

She smiled at us both, "Goodnight girls. I think we might stop by tomorrow afternoon before we head out of town. Might make a few meal preps before I go."

"Yes please!" My mouth started to drool when I thought about the cajun wings she made for my birthday last year, hoping and wishing she'll make those soon.

Gordon was the first to stand up off the couch opposite of us, "Well," He looked around, "You two are growing up and I just wanted to say I'm proud." He looked at me, "Of both of you. Hockey is a great sport. So is cheerleading." He looked at Scarlett, "You're both fine young women and I applaud the effort you've put into your lives."

"Wow Dad. Too sappy!" Scarlett hugged her father.

Deedee hugged me. "You keep her in line."

I nodded squeezing her tightly, "Bring Angie and Wolf up here soon, yeah? We have the space."

"Do not offer yourself up for torture." She smiled at her parents, "She was joking."

Deedee rolled her eyes, "Be good."

We said more goodbyes, gave more hugs, and finally, Scarlett walked them downstairs.

The place was quiet without anyone in here.

Too quiet.

"Alexa, play Hit Me Hard and Soft album by Billie Eilish."

I walked up the stairs and into our room, fiding Sully asleep on his cat tree in the corner. Right under that Lana Del Rey poster.

Every night, I used to sit in my room and stare out the window listening to Lana Del Rey because Scarlett Santoro told Jersey who told Lucas who told Mobius who told Darius who told me she likes her.

That makes me sound like Joe Goldberg holy shit. No, I just had a really really bad crush.

I sat on the edge of our bed. In our apartment. Surrounded by pieces of furniture from our separate rooms brought into one.

Two I guess.

Most of our things are in here. My guitars, her piano and art supplies. My dresser from my Dad's house is in the closet. Her dresser is in here with my TV on it.

My bed is in the guest room downstairs along with my VHS collection because it didn't match the aesthetic of the living room and there wasn't enough space in here.

I laid down and looked out the window behind our bed.

We have a beautiful view of the city. That's probably

"What are you doing up here?"

I turned around, startled as I didn't hear her come up the stairs. Stuck in my own head. "Just looking at the view." I smiled at her and looked back out the window, Sully's reflection catching my eye, "I also figured Sully was a bit lonely."

She sat on the bed and leaned against the headboard, "I want some company."

I smiled and rolled onto my back, my head landing in her lap, "Well, here I am."

She smiled down at me and moved a piece of hair out of my face, "You're so pretty, Nat."

I rolled my eyes, unable to understand why she still thinks this. Scarlett has gone through so many changes just since our senior year. I look the same as I did as a freshman. "Yeah, whatever." I looked back at Sully, my mind beginning to swirl and my heart beginning to speed up.

Scarlett sensed the sudden change of atmosphere and gently moved my head so I was looking at her, "I can't believe you still do this."

I furrowed my eyebrows, "What do you mean?"

She shook her head at me. She knows I know what she means. "I wanna redye my hair."

My face softened, "Back to that purple?"

She shook her head again, "Nope. Back to pink."

I smiled, "Back to senior year huh?"

She rolled her eyes and moved my head off her lapping, moving to lay next to me in the king sized bed, "I just like pink."

I brushed the hair out of her face, "And I know that because I know everything about you."

Her cheeks reddened, "No you don't."

I scoffed, "It's my job to?"

"What's my middle name?" She had a smug look on her face. A fake one because everyone knows this answer.

"Evangeline. Easy. I say it all the time."

"What's my favorite movie?"

I opened my mouth in protest, "It changes!"

"Think all time!" She was giggling by now.

I rolled my eyes, my smile unable to be detained, "Okay. Obviously Tangled for a cutesy movie but your favorite is The Devil Wears Prada."

She smiled even harder, "Fine. You win."

I smiled and kissed her cheek, "Duh. What's my favorite movie?" I pulled the quilt over us.

She snuggled into my side and breathed a deep sigh, "Obviously The Princess Diaries. We bonded over loving Anne Hathoway."

I giggled and kissed the top of her head, "Hopefully our kids like her as much as we do." Then I realized what I said. And my blood ran cold. We've been together for a while but we've never had that conversation. I mean, we know there will be kids in the future. Right? I was a camp counselor. She knows I love kids. I've talked about wanting to have some of my-

"Oh it's definitely genetic. Mom loves Anne Hathoway too. So if we both love her, they will."

My smile returned to my face, a little prouder, "Obviously."

"I'm sleeping now." She clapped her hands and the lights turned off. A feature Gordan assured us was necessary.

"I love you."

"I love you more." Her voice was quieter.

I held her closer to me, "You don't."

"I do." Her voice was barely below a whisper and I could tell she was already falling asleep.

"Goodnight, Scar."