I noticed

Scarlett POV

I love Melly. To death. But if he leaves one more pair of dirty socks in the living room, I might die.

Again, I love this kid. And I meant it that he can stay here for as long as he needs to. Or wants to. Hell, he can stay till he finishes high school.

That's pushing it.

What I mean is, I have nothing against him being here. It's been two months and the only issue is the socks.

And how loud his Xbox is.

Holy shit.

I stopped stirring the mac n cheese I was making for him and I because I just realized that I sound like my mother complaining about Chip's video game usage.

I mean, Chip's room has surround sound and it echoes through the house but I really thought giving Malachi a room down here instead of the one across the way from us would help.

But it doesn't.

But at least he's happy and loved here.

I do love that kid.

"Malachi" I scooped the mac n cheese into a bowl for him then one for myself.

"Yeah?" He set his controller on the small island, "Ooooh, please tell me this is Scarlett's famous mac n cheese?"

I nodded and set the steaming bowl onto the counter in front of him, "Bacon and all. I figured you were hungry."

"I am!" He smiled, "Do you wanna go swimming with me and Nat later?" He took a bite and closed his eyes, "This slaps, Scar."

"Thanks, Melly." I smiled and sat across from him, "When? I have my last class at 4."

His posture deflated a bit, "We were gonna go at 4."

"I'll just go down there when I get back."

He nodded and ate another spoonful, "Is Angie still coming this weekend?"

I looked up, too overwhelmed with the one guest to realize we actually have three more coming for a whole weekend. "Yeah, I think." I shrugged and ate another bite of my own bowl of mac, "Wolf is coming too."

He nodded, "Sounds good." He finished his bowl and rinsed it in the sink, setting the dishes into the washer once he was finished. "Thanks for lunch Scar." And he went back towards the room now deemed to be his.

I watched him walk away for a moment, noticing how he and his sister walk the same way.

He turned around before he went all the way into his room, "Thank you Scarlett. For being so open about letting me be here."

I couldn't help my face falling, a sudden feeling of sadness rushing over me, "I don't mind the company, Malachi." I stared at the way his face brightened.

His eye was finally almost healed and now we can go in public without having to say anything to anyone about it because they thought we were the ones who did it to him.

Honestly, seeing the things Malachi and Natalie have gone through, I don't know. I'm never spanking my kids. Not even a little slap on the hand or wrist. I don't want to continue the cycle with our kids.

Our kids.

I hope Natalie has the same opinions I do about this topic.

"Scarlett! My love!" Speaking of Natalie.

I turned around and saw my beautiful girlfriend strutting into the kitchen. Her forehead slick with sweat from her run here. And she was wearing a WestHampton Cheer sweatshirt with my name on it. "Hey baby."