Chapter 11

Paul POV

I watched in awe as my imprint and her friends all lifted Sam and Jacob using their mermaid abilities. It has been two days since the guys imprinted, a day since the girls were informed of the training, and a day since they all said that they wanted to train.

Of course, we all protested in the beginning, but the girls threatened to eat all the food, so we agreed. Who knew mermaids could be scary?

I watched with anticipation as the girls continued to use their powers. We had been training for over two hours now, and the girls were just getting started.

"What if it rains during the fight?" Jared asked as he hugged Emma from behind. The two bonded very quickly and were a couple now, same with me and Jade, Cleo and Jake, and Embry and Rikki.

"Then the vampires will have four fishies for dinner," Rikki joked making the girls laugh but the pack growled. "It's just a joke, calm down."

"Ri, don't joke about that please," Embry said as he turned his imprint around and looked into her eyes as he held her face. "You have no idea how hurtful it will be for shapeshifter to lose an imprint. And none of us want to lose any of you."

"So, what would you have us do?" Emma asked after she, Cleo and Jade lowered Sam and Jake back to the ground. Jake immediately ran up to Cleo and hugged her tightly, while Jade ran into my arms.

"Stay with Emily at the pack house," Sam answered. "We don't want the Cullen's to find out about any of you, especially you being mermaids."

"But what if one of you gets hurt? What will we do then?" Cleo asked, her voice full of concern.

"No one will get hurt, love, I promise you," Jake replied as he turned his imprint around and kissed her forehead.

I looked down to my tiny imprint and smiled when I saw her smiling softly, but I knew that she was hiding something from me. "We're going to head off. See you guys later."

The pack bid us their 'bye's' and me and Jade headed off. We held each other's hands as we walked through the forest, enjoying the peace it brought.

"So, you want to tell me what's bothering you?" I asked as we sat down on a patch of grass overlooking the sea. I looked at my imprint who stared at the sea with a sad look. "Jade? Jade, please tell me what's going on."

"I'm scared," Jade replied making me confused.

"Why are you scared?" I asked softly as I held onto her hand tightly.

"I'm not scared of you fighting because I know you'll kill a lot of the newborns," Jade replied making me smile, "I'm scared that I'll lose you if I participate with the girls. We cannot transform into mermaids and fight them off unless they would be in water. We are practically useless to the pack, and if we do one thing wrong then it's over."

"Stop! Jade, please stop talking nonsense!" I exclaimed once Jade finished speaking, her words hurting me deeply.

"But it's true, Paul! Other than us lifting a few vampires up, that's all we got!" Jade countered. "Maybe it's good then that we are staying with Emily."

I picked up my imprint and placed on her on my lap. I then lifted her chin and looked into her eyes. "Please stop saying such things, my Love. I completely understand how you feel, but there is nothing to worry about. And don't you ever say that you feel useless, because you aren't."

"Yeah right," Jade scoffed but I interrupted her with a kiss.

"You are a strong, beautiful, confident, woman, with a badass attitude, who has the ability to turn into a sexy mermaid of my dreams," I say kissing every corner of her face before settling back into kissing her lips.

Jade replied instantly and moved even more closer into my body, making my dick harden under her ass. I felt her giggle into the kiss as she began to grind my dick with her short jean shorts. "Love, I love what you are doing.... do you really want to go again after being sore a couple days earlier?"

"As if you didn't have this problem a few days ago," Jade said making me groan as she began moving her hips faster, making my dick harden very quickly aswell.

With a loud growl, I lifted her over my shoulder and smacked her ass before running in the direction of my house. I was very happy to know that Dad wasn't at home, otherwise I would never hear the end of this.

I locked my bedroom door and placed Jade onto my bed. "Jade, you are going to kill me before the fight tomorrow."

"Then I might aswell make it a hell of a night for you, since you can't keep it in your pants," Jade smirked making me growl and jump onto her laughing form. 

That night, me and my imprint could not get enough of each other. I did not want to let her go, and she did not want to let me go. It was just us, like it was supposed to be.