10. RETURN

FOURTH POV

The next few days were pure bliss. We got closer to each other. It felt like Gemini was finally lowering his walls for me. It felt amazing, to feel loved once again.

We ate together, went on hangouts, worked on the mission together and ofcourse, made out a lot- We also had our silly fights on stupid subjects but eventually sorted it out. It was all perfect until, Phuwin came back.

I was sitting in the dining room, having lunch with Gemini. We were laughing about something when we heard someone cough to grab our attention. We turned our head and Phuwin was standing there.

"Phuwin?" I said confused. "I thought you had 3 more days till you had to come back?"

"I finished the mission early. Closed the deal." He directed that sentence more in Gemini's directions than mine. "Why? I thought you'd be more excited to see me." He said in a teasing tone.

"I-I am!" I quickly stood up and went to give him a hug, which he returned. "Why don't you join us?" I invited him to the table.

"It's okay I had my lunch already. I'll go and get freshened up. Maybe take some rest." He said staring at Gemini. Gemini returned the state. They were as in talking through eyes.

"Okay- take rest!" I said trying to clear the air. Phuwin have me one last look before walking away.

"Why did you invite him?" Gemini spoke once Phuwin was out of earshot.

"What do you mean?" I said turning my head to him.

"Why did you invite him to have lunch with us?" He asked in a cold tone.

"Gem you know I'm close to him. It was of courtesy. And, what's wrong if he has lunch with us-"

"I don't want to eat with him. Do not ever invite him into things I'm involved with. And stop being so clingy with him." He said while finishing his food.

"You don't tell me what to do. And no, Phuwin is like my friend. I can't just not talk to him." I was still standing at the place. Gemini suddenly stood up and walked over to me.

"You do, whatever I tell you to do. I don't care how much we fuck or how close we are. Do you get it?" Gemini said while towering over me. A shiver ran down my spine and for the first time ever, I was scared. I was more hurt than scared. So he thought of me just as a fuck buddy? Did all those things we did together mean nothing to him?

I felt tears welling up my eyes. I pushed him aside and ran to my room so that he doesn't see me crying. I locked the door and sat on my bed. Crying, but not because I was hurt. I was crying now because of anger. How could he? How dare he? I opened my heart  to him and he crushed it. I gave him my first time and he threw it away. I was crying until I felt myself falling asleep.

Later that morning, after I woke up, I went to the bathroom and looked ta myself in the mirror. My eyes were swollen but better than last night. A rush of rage went through me. I decided that I'll finish whatever mess I've gotten into and go back to living my life like normal.

I got out after a shower and put on shorts and oversized tee's. I was planning to stay in my room and complete the chip. Suddenly I heard a knock.

"Fourth! It's me Phuwin!" A smile crept up to my face. It's been so long since I heard this.

"Come in!"

Phuwin walked in with my breakfast and gave me a smile. He put the tray on the table and walked over to me.

"So, how are you doing? I couldn't get to ask you yesterday since I was tired and-"

"I'm okay." I flashed him a smile. "How about you? Did you rest well?"

"Yes I did. How's the chip doing?" He asked taking a look at my work.

"It's almost complete I just need to put it to the test and I think we'll be good to go." I explained.

"You really are a genius, aren't you?" He said before ruffling my hair. "I'll go now. Goodluck." He said before walking out.

I missed talking to him. I felt somewhat.. safe. I have a good feeling about him but.. I don't know if I really love him. I don't feel the way I used to feel with Gemini, while talking to him. It's not love, it's more like admiration.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by another knock on the door. I told him to come in thinking it was Phuwin.

"Did you forget something?" I asked, not looking up yet.

"Fourth." A voice called out from behind and I froze. I knew who that voice belonged to.

I turned my head and he was standing infront of the door, unsure if he should walk in or not. Eventually he closed to the door and started walking towards me.

"Stop." I said standing up. "What do you want from me?"

"Fourth I-" his voice grew softer. "I'm sorry I said some messed up things but I didn't mean-"

"If you're gonna talk about that then please, leave. I'm over it and I'm over you." I said turning back to work. "I'm just gonna complete your mission and leave as soon as possible."

"Wait what?" He said slightly panicking.

"I'm almost done with the chip. Now we just attend an event to help me get close to Mark. I activate the chip, steal the information and I leave. I don't want to associate with this any longer."

"Fourth if this is about yesterday I sw-" Gemini tried explaining.

"I said what I said. Isn't me leaving after the mission part of the deal? So I'll leave. Now would you please get out, I'm trying to complete the scan." I said as coldly as possible even though I was hurting inside.

Gemini stared at me for a few beats before walking out silently. I felt tears rolling down my cheek. I didn't want to cry. I don't want to leave. I don't want him to leave. I want him to pull me in his arms and make me feel protected.

I finished the scan as soon as possible and once the chip was complete, I activated it and put it inside the phone. I went to bed hoping everything would be better tomorrow.

--

Gemini what have you done😞

Hope y'all liked it‼️Don't forget to vote and comment your opinions🎀

Cuties🎀