Chapter Fifty One

Jael's Point of View

I remember the first time I saw Aunt Elayne. At first, I thought I was just imagining things when I said she looked familiar, but it turned out she really did resemble Ross. Ross inherited their mixed heritage from Artemio, with fair skin and a somewhat American look, while Rio took after Tita Elayne with her freckles and rosy cheeks.

Elkayne, on the other hand, looked more like Maximus Jueravino but had Tita Elayne's round eyes and nose. This is where Elkayne and Rio's appearances intersect.

I rolled over on the bed. Three days had passed, but this mystery still bothered me. Para na tuloy akong si detective conan.

The more I researched, the more confused I became. If Rio, Ross, and Elkayne were siblings, then Ephraim must be their brother too?

I found out that Ephraim is turning 23 this month, Ross is 19, Elkayne is 17, and Rio is only 5 years old. The age gap between Elkayne and Rio is significant.

"Hmm?"

I snapped back to reality when I heard Ross's voice. He was sitting on the swivel chair, looking at me. I bit my lip, realizing I had forgotten Ross was there.

"W-what was that again?"

Ross adjusted his glasses before ruffling my hair with a smile and a shake of his head. "Hey, you're spacing out."

"S-sorry, may iniisip lang..." I looked down, avoiding his eyes.

"What is it? You know that you can share it with me naman diba?" he said. I nodded.

Nag dadalawang isip kasi akong mag tanong kay Ross, pakiramdam ko kasi ayaw n'yang pag usapan yung bagay na 'yon. Naalala ko nung sinabihan n'ya si Elkayne na hindi nya ito kapatid, pakiramdam ko sagad sagaran ang galit nito kay Tita Elayne.

I couldn't blame Ross for his intense anger towards Aunt Elayne. If I were in his shoes, I'd be upset and hold a grudge too.

"By the way, Ross..." I started. Ross pouted and crossed his arms like a child.

"Who's Ross?" he asked, like a kid.

I laughed and playfully pinched his nose. His pout deepened. "Ikaw, shempre."

He shook his head, looking at me as if he was about to cry, even stomping his feet. "I'm not," he said, almost tearfully.

I burst into laughter. He's like a child! Ross turned to his laptop and started typing. He showed me the screen. I hadn't even finished reading it, but I was already amused. He looked so serious!

DON'T CALL ME BY MY GOVERNMENT NAME PLEASE, MY NAME IS "BABY" OR "LOVE" !!!
:(( LOOK, I'M GONNA CRY ╥⁠﹏⁠╥

"Capslock para dama," he added. He placed the laptop on the side table, facing away, arms crossed and biting his lower lip.

Since we started dating, I hadn't called Ross by any endearments. I was too shy, so I always called him "Ross," unlike him. It seemed default for him to call me "love," "baby," or sometimes "darling."

I think it's one of his ways of showing his love. Even though Elmore often teased him about it.

"Percival Ross," I called. He didn't turn around.

"Uy..." I tugged lightly on his sleeve.

"Lo...Love...?" I averted my gaze. I heard Ross gasp.

"Hmm? Can you say that again?" he asked. I slowly looked at Ross. His smile was wide, and his eyes sparkled.

"Eh, bawal na ulitin," I pouted.

"One more, please?" he said, giving me puppy eyes.

"Love..."