Chapter No 2

Warning: This Chapter Is Unedited!!!

Inline comments chahiye mujhe 🥺

The alarm rang and his eyes fluttered open, a gentle sleepy haze clouding his deep hazel eyes making his eyes look more softer. He blinked his eyes a few times to clear his vision and sat upright on the bed. He gazed at the clock and smiled. He shut the alarm and smiled lazily. Then gathering some courage, he stood up from the bed and walked towards the bathroom.

He came outside and placed a cap on his head.

He walked and came back with his prayer mat gently cradled in his hands. He sighed and gently unrolled it on the floor, it's patterned design, a comforting reminder of the spiritual connection he sought. Placing the mat into the right direction, he started to offer his prayers. He closed his eyes, chanting varses under his breath. As he knelt down and placed his forehead on the prayer mat, a sense of tranquility enveloped him in a comforting embrace. As he uplifted his hands to pray, his heart felt heavy with a mixture conflicting emotions and tears welled up in his eyes, tracing their way down his cheeks and falling over his palms. A mixture of pain and greif overwhelmed him as he continued to cry letting out his agony.

He let out a trembling breath and wiped his tears away feeling a sense of peace wash over him in warm waves.

He let out a shaky smiled rolling the prayer mat gently and placed it back to it's place safely.

Assalamualaikum Ammi jaan.

He greated his mother, his deep hazel eyes brightening slightly at the sight of Zubaida begum, his mother.

Zubaida begum smiled and walked up to him.

Walikumassalam Zaid.

Zubaida begum greated back, her eyes full of affection. Zaid smiled and kissed the back of her palm.

Zaid,s heart stopped beating for a moment and he stared at Zubaida.

Are nahin.

She said, a knowing look crossing her features.

Dawai li?

Zaid asked, his eyes filled with boundless concern.

Zubaida begum nodded her head smiling.

Haanji mere bache.

Zubaida begum said softly cradling his cheek.

Very good.

Zaid said patting her cheek tenderly.

Acha ab main chalta hoon. I'll be back soon.

Zaid said softly. Zubaida begum smiled and nodded her head in positive.

Khuda hafiz.

He said softly, his voice fading as he turned to leave the room.

Zubaida begum sighed in relief, her eyes lit up with a sense of accomplishment but she stepped forward and looked around, her eyes carrying a hint of doubt but soon she smiled brightly upon not finding anyone in sight. Sighing in relief, she turned around and then carefully held out the ladoo hidden inside her dupatta and she was about to take a bite but stopped hearing someone clearing throat.

Gulping the lump that formed in her throat, her eyes laced with a hint of fear and she turned gathering some courage.

Woh main...

Zubaida begum trailed off as Zaid raised an eyebrow at her.

Woh kya ammi?

Zaid asked, a knowing glint dancing in his gaze.