Chapter 2: The Perfect Candidate

The morning sun lazily peeks through the curtains, casting a soft glow on the tranquil scene unfolding in the Kim household. The aroma of freshly brewed coffee lingers in the air, mingling with the tantalizing scent of sizzling bacon. Kim Taehee, a vision of grace and elegance, stands in the kitchen, her nimble fingers expertly preparing a hearty breakfast for her family. As she carefully places the final touches on the plates, her eyes catch sight of her husband, Kim Seojun, engrossed in the morning newspaper. A small sigh escapes her lips, a combination of irritation and disappointment.

Just as she begins to lose hope, their son Kim Taehyung strides into the room, dressed immaculately in a crisp formal shirt and pants. In one hand, he holds a sleek iPad, the other hand is weighed down by an office bag.

With a mixture of pride and annoyance, Kim Taehee approaches the dining table with the remaining dishes. Her eyes narrow as she takes in the sight of her husband and son engrossed in their own worlds, oblivious to the delicious breakfast she has prepared with love. "Honey....What would you like to have? The breakfast or the frying pan". Her voice, gentle and soothing, completely contrasts her words.

Her words hang in the air like an impending storm, causing both father and son to snap out of their reverie. Mr. Kim gulped in fear as Taehyung cleared his throat. They shared a look before quickly abandoning their distractions and hastily grabbing their seats at the table.

(The look guys!! But imaging  Seojun instead of Namjoon

(The look guys!! But imaging  Seojun instead of Namjoon.)

Though the threat was not directed towards Taehyung, he knew he could be on the receiving end too. And not to mention his mother is well capable of doing that. That one fine day, Mr. Kim almost got whacked by the pan if it wasn't for Taehyung who interrupted them and saved his father. He still slept on the couch for the next three days. Poor Mr. Kim.

She smiled looking at her son and husband, enjoying the meal she prepared. They have always been like that, neglecting their food till they were reminded or scolded. But when they finally sat down to eat, they would devour the food like being starved for days. Satisfied with their reaction she also started eating the breakfast. All them having their breakfast in peace, savoring each bite.

"Mom, I've got an interview today so I'll be home late. Don't wait for me for dinner." Taehyung announced, after finishing his meal. "Good luck! son, I know you would do well" Mr. Kim interjected, pride evident in his voice. "Here! Don't skip your lunch, try to eat something, okay" Ms. Kim said, giving him a lunch box, knowing well he won't eat anything till the entire thing is done.

"Hwaiting!!" He lightly smiled at both of his parent before making his way out. Ms. Kim sighed looking at her son's retrieving figure in worry. She really missed their old Taehyung. Even though he still smiles in front of them, but, it's not how it used to be. Their once cheerful and mischievous son had been replaced by someone more reserved and serious.