Chapter 3: The Road to Viridain City

Timothy, Ash, Mina, and Meowth were now traveling through Route 1 with Meowth staying closer to Mina.

"Alright the first and most important thing to remember as a trainer is that you must weaken a pokemon, before capturing it," Timothy said glancing over at Ash.

"Of course I know that," Ash sated.

Timothy sighed."Relax I wasn't saying you didn't," Timothy said."It's just a reminder and personally not to be rude but you seem like the type who doesn't study the basics of being a trainer," He sated.

Ash was about to say something before a flapping sound was heard and the two trainers and there Pokemon turned to see a small, plump-bodied. It is primarily brown with a cream-colored face, underside, and flight feathers. On top of its head is a short crest of three tufts. The center crest feathers are brown and the outer two tufts are cream-colored. Just under its crest are its narrow eyes which have white sclera and pupil along with its black irises. Angular black markings extend from behind its eyes and continue down its cheeks. It has a short, stubby beak and feet with two toes in front and one in back. Both its beak and feet are a grayish-pink. It has a short, brown tail made of three feathers.

"Look at that!" Ash said excitedly as he took out his Pokedex

[Pidgey, The Tiny Bird Pokemon. A normal/ flying type.  A common sight in forests and woods. It flaps its wings at ground level to kick up blinding sand. Very docile. If attacked, it will often kick up sand to protect itself rather than fight back.] The pokedex said in a robotic male voice.

"Alright let's do this Meowth,"  Ash said turning toward Meowth.

However Meowth simply backs away getting closer to Mina and Timothy, making Mina sigh at Meowth's fear of Ash.

"Fine," Ash said annoyed as he reached into his bag pulling something out.

"What are you doing?" Timothy asked.

Ash simply annoyed him and pulled out a pajama shirt and ran towards Pidgey who flapped its wings and sent ash flying back.

"Hey didn't I say you have to weaken it not use pajamas to try and capture pokemon," Timothy sated shaking his head.

"If Meowth not going to help I have to do it by myself," Ash sated picking up an stick in an attempt to knock out Pidgey only for it to counter by kicking sand in his eyes blinding him.

"Pidgey!" It cried out before flying away.

"I told you it wasn't going to work," Timothy said."If you wish to catch a pokemon you need to get Meowth to trust you like this," He said slowly walking over to Meowth and knelling down as he gently pet Meowth's head causing him to purr in contenment.

"How?" Ash questioned.

"you must show a scared pokemon you mean no harm by moving slowly and speaking softly it helps them feel safe," Timothy explained.

Ash nodded in understanding.

"Now I will show you the proper way to capture a pokemon," Timothy said as he noticed another Pokemon appear in the grass.

this Pokemon is very small. It has rough, brown plumage on its head and three brown tail feathers. It has narrow, dark brown eyes with white pupils and a short, hooked beak that is light pink. The feathers covering its wings are pinkish-red with lighter tips, and it has a beige underside with two thin, horizontal stripes. Its light pink feet have two toes in front and one in the back. Black feathers cover its back.

"Now that's not a Pidgey," Timothy said looking at the Pokemon."It's a Spearow I saw them back in my home region before I moved to Amoxa."

"Spearow," Ash said taking out his Pokedex.

[Spearow, The Tiny Bird Pokemon. A normal/flying type. Eats bugs in grassy areas. It has to flap its short wings at high speed to stay airborne. Inept at flying high. However, it can fly around very fast to protect its territory. Unlike Pidgey, Spearow has a terrible attitude. It is very wild and will sometimes attack other Pokemon and humans.]

"Now  watch as I show you how to capture a pokemon," Timothy said as he reached out a Pokedex on hs belt."Come on out Bubbles!" He said throwing a Pokeball.

A small, bipedal ballon like Pokemon that was completely pink with green eyes came out from the Pokeball. It had a round tuft of hair on top of its head, a small swirl-like pattern on its forehead and stubby limbs.

"What is that?" Ash asked as he scanned it but the Pokedex had no information on the pink Pokemon.

"This Igglybuff hatched from an egg I recivced as a birthday gift before i left for Kanto," Timothy replied."Let's start with Pound!" He commanded.

"Iggly!" Bubble cried out as she ran towards Spearow.

"Spear!" Spearow cried out as it flew at Bubbles and used Peck sending Bubbles sl=kiding back.

"Raichu!" Mina cried out loudly cheering for Bubbles to give it her all.

"Bubbles no backing down again Pound!"

"Igglybuff!" Bubbles cried out as she got up and ran at Spearow smacking it with her little limbs and sending  Spearow flying back briefly.

"Woah that was a nice hit," Ash said impressed.

Spearow got up and flew towards  Bubbles with furry in its eyes as it made contact it hit Bubbles repeatedly with furry as it used a Fury attack.

"Bubbles don't just take put it to sleep with Sing," Timothy ordered.

Bubbles opened her mouth as she began singing, causing Spearow's eyes to slowly begin to close as he took out an Pokeball and threw it at Spearow. 

The Pokeball shook three three times until it clicked signaling that Spearow was successfully captured.

"Alright we caught Spearow now Bubbles return," Timothy said returning Igglybuff to her Pokeball.

"Wow you capture a Pokemon!" Ash cheered.

"Correct now that's how to capture Pokemon."

"Hey, Meowth what do you say me and you try to work together to catch the next Pokemon we encounter? " Ash asked as he slowly walked over to Meowth holding out his hand.

Meowth simply stared at Ash for a moment from behind Mina before walking over and nodding and nuzzling his arm as a way of showing agreement to work together.

"Since Meowth is starting to trust you lets continue Viridian City awaits us," Timothy said.

"Alright Viridian City here I come!" Ash shouted ready to continue his Pokemon journey.

Well, here it is the thrid chapter of my story of Ash being a normal type Pokemon trainer. In this chapter, Ash attempts to capture his first Pokemon but fails due to Meoth still not fully being comfortable around him. So Timothy gives him tips on how to handle a scare/shy Pokemon. Timothy also show him the proper way to capture an wild Pokemon. I hope you enjoy this chapter feel free to let me know what you think in the comments about the story so far.

Thanks for reading!

Question of the chapter: What is yout faveortie Poekmon region?

Word Count: 1159