20 - WHEN I CAN'T CARRY ON, HOLD ON TO ME

Song for the Chapter: HOLD ON TO ME, by Lauren Daigle (a song I love 🥰)

•••••••••••••

A Poem I love greatly, and so does my brother 🩵😅🩵:

One night I dreamed a dream.
As I was walking along the beach with my Lord.
Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life.

For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand,
One belonging to me and one to my Lord.

After the last scene of my life flashed before me,
I looked back at the footprints in the sand.

I noticed that at many times along the path of my life,
especially at the very lowest and saddest times,
there was only one set of footprints.

This really troubled me, so I asked the Lord about it.

"Lord, you said once I decided to follow you,
You'd walk with me all the way.
But I noticed that during the saddest and most troublesome times of my life,
there was only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why, when I needed You the most, You would leave me."

He whispered, "My precious child, I love you and will never leave you.

"Never, ever, during your trials and testings.
When you saw only one set of footprints,
It was then that I carried you."

~Unknown Author

•••••••••••••

•••••••••••••

Violet's determination to withstand the pressure of the evil forces was not diminished though they continued to plague her day in and day out.

Despite their attempts and her weakness of being a mere mortal, she found herself relying more on her LORD.

And that was the beauty of it, she acknowledged to herself with a smile.

"My Grace is sufficient for thee..." she would often hear her SAVIOUR whisper to her. "For MY Strength is made perfect in your weakness."

Thus was her faith strengthened the more on the days the nightmares of guilt struck the hardest.

But even more perplexing and baffling to her, was that Mr Icy had seemed to unzip the lock of his mouth.

~~~