Faint

AV Y A A N

AV Y A A N

After dropping her off at her house, I was now standing in the middle of an abandoned building. I was wearing a white shirt and black pants paired with it, my hair messed up because I came here running after 2 hours.

I have known this building for 2 years. I used to come here whenever I needed peace or to divert myself from something. I was silent, something void in me. I seriously wanted to breakdown and cry the fuck out of me.

I was sleeping holding her hand in mine while mom tried to wake me up. I was so sleepy because my body was tired and I wasn't in my senses as well. I woke up feeling a jerk on my hand. I got worried if she was having a panic attack when I looked at her.

My body worked on its own and i cupped her cheeks asking her if everything's alright. She asked me, she asked me about last night and i felt scared.

What if, what if she doesn't remember anything. I asked. But to my relief she remembered. I started to tell her what happened and why I took her here. I was fidgeting with my fingers when I tried to tell her about the confession.

I feared what if she denies it, what if she doesn't love me and it came out because of her parents. She looked at me with those guilty eyes and I gulped. Please dont break my heart. And she shattered, explaining to me that she didn't mean it.

My heart held a piercing pain but I composed myself thinking that it's okay I can make her fall in love with me later, afterall i am here for her for my whole life. But her next sentence broke me, my body, my soul, my heart and everything.

I barely managed to handle that her confession was not meant, but she.... She loves someone else. Someone who isn't me. Someone whose name isn't Avyaan Kapoor.

My hands, body and every inch of me trembled with pain and sorrow. I felt my heart tearing apart. Fuck it hurts.
I have been shot 11 bullets at once but its pain doesn't even qualify to compare itself with the pain of seeing her loving someone else.

But then I looked at her, her face holding the most vulnerable expression as if she would die rather than hurt someone innocent. Oh my little mouse, you're not mine anymore. I gave all of my energy to keep these emotions shut and don't even shed a single tear.

I looked at her with a dramatic expression, telling her it's okay and I understand it. But I didn't want to. I wanted to cry and yell that why not me? Why not Avyaan?

She looked at me with relief and I realized. Didn't I want it? Didn't i say i want her to be happy no matter what? Didn't I say I would take away her pain rather than seeing tears in her eyes.

It was always one-sided, she knew me for just a month. What can I expect from her? To fall head over heels for me? But me? What about me? I knew her for more than 3 years. I remember the chief telling me the history of the underworld. Where Red moon ruled for more than 3 decades and it was the strongest gang of all the times.