Moan

After breakfast, the day felt like a blur

After breakfast, the day felt like a blur. Every time I looked at her, there was this inexplicable pull inside me, as if I had been waiting for this woman all my life.

The way she moved around the house, interacting with my family, smiling ever so faintly-it did things to my heart I wasn't used to.

Leaving her behind with Maa and Aria for the day felt strange. The need to be close to her, to protect her, was always gnawing at me.

Before I left, I pressed a kiss to her forehead, whispering for her to take it easy, to rest. It felt like second nature, something I couldn't control.

"Take care, don't overwork yourself Little Mouse."

When I returned that night, freshly showered and dressed, the room felt... different.

No longer was it just my space, filled with my things, my mess. Now, it was hers too-her delicate sarees hanging by the wardrobe, her perfume lingering in the air. It was as if she had taken over my life, and I couldn't have been more okay with it.

But when I saw her still in the same saree, sitting on the bed, I couldn't help but frown."Tanya, why haven't you changed?" I asked, sitting down beside her.

Her eyes flickered away, almost as if she was afraid to answer. "I don't want to"
I raised an eyebrow, confused. "It'll be more comfortable if you change," I said, softer this time, not wanting to push her but also wanting her to feel at ease.

She shook her head again, stubbornly clinging to the heavy fabric. She was looking breathtaking in it, making me lose my heart again. I knew it wasn't comfortable—how could it be? The way she avoided looking at me, I could tell there was something more. Maybe she was nervous. Maybe she still didn't trust me enough to be vulnerable. But then she looked at me with those soft eyes, the same ones that always seemed to undo me completely.

I sighed, shaking my head in defeat.
"Fine, but don't blame me when you're uncomfortable later on."

I tried to focus on my work, typing away on my laptop as the night wore on. The room was silent except for the soft sound of her breathing as she drifted off to sleep. Every now and then, l'd glance over, just to check on her. There was something calming about watching her sleep, knowing she was safe here with me.

But then, in the middle of the night, something shifted. My eyes caught the sight of her moving in her sleep, tugging at her saree until the veil slipped, exposing her bare waist and collarbone.

My breath caught in my throat.

The moonlight bathed her skin, making her look ethereal-like something out of a dream. My fingers twitched, the urge to reach out and touch her overwhelming. I tried to pull my gaze away, tried to remind myself that she wasn't mine to take like that. But it was impossible. She was right there, looking so vulnerable, so beautiful.
"L-love" I whispered, moving toward her, trying to wake her up gently. But she didn't stir. Instead, her hand reached out in her sleep, grabbing mine and pulling me closer—until I found myself hovering over her.