Confrontations

After lunch, Aarna dozed off in my arms. As Shreya moved to pick her up, I gently stopped her. "Let me do it," I said, cradling Aarna closer. Shreya watched as I carefully carried our sleeping daughter to the bedroom.

I laid Aarna down on the bed, making sure she was comfortable. Then, I closed the curtains completely to ensure she could sleep peacefully without any disturbances. Shreya stood at the doorway, watching me with a soft expression on her face.

I turned back to Shreya after ensuring Aarna was settled. "She looks so peaceful," I whispered, trying not to wake her.

Shreya smiled and left. I looked at my sleeping princess for some more time.

Later I walked out quietly, leaving the door slightly ajar so we could hear if Aarna needed anything.

Returning to the living room, I found Shreya tidying up the remnants of our lunch.

As Shreya was cleaning, I gently held her hand. She looked at me, puzzled. "Shreya, the past two days have been like a roller coaster for you. You haven't had good sleep, and not to mention the incident this morning. You look stressed. Just go and rest. I'll take care of everything here. I'll clean up," I insisted.

Shreya tried to protest. "No, Vihaan, let me help you."

But I wasn't having it. "I'm not listening to you, Shreya. Look at yourself in the mirror; you look like a zombie." She chuckled at my comment but fell silent again, lost in thought.

I noticed her expression and asked, "What happened, Shreya? What are you thinking?"

She sighed and said, "Vihaan, first someone gave nuts to Aarna, and then someone broke into our house and searched for something. What's going on around us? I'm not scared for myself; I can face any situation. But my fear is for Aarna."

I made her sit on a nearby chair and kneeled in front of her, taking her hands in mine. "Sheru, one thing is clear: whether it was giving nuts to Aarna or breaking into your house, it was done by the same person.

Once Aarna is okay, I plan to ask her about eating the nuts. Maybe she can give us a clue. I still remember, Sheru, when I met Aarna the first time, she didn't take anything from strangers. And as I told you before, if anyone comes near you both, they have to cross me, and that's not easy. I hope you know that.

So let me take it into my hands, and I'll get to the bottom of this. Not only Aarna, I can't bear if anything happens to you too. Your safety is just as important as Aarna's. For now, just pass all your stress to me and have a peaceful sleep."

Shreya nodded, looking a bit relieved. "You're right, Vihaan. We need to get to the bottom of this, but right now, I just want to make sure Aarna is safe."

"I promise you, we'll figure this out. Right now, you need to rest. Please, for Aarna's sake and mine."

Shreya sighed, finally giving in. "Okay, Vihaan. I'll rest, but promise me you'll wake me up if anything happens."

I smiled and kissed her hand. "I promise. Now go get some sleep."

I guided her towards my bedroom, noticing her hesitation. "What happened, Sheru?" I asked.