Here you come again

"No

"No."

"No?" He asks, his forehead wrinkling between his brow.

"Well, not no. But not yes, either," Olivia says seriously, sitting back against the couch. "Elliot, I fell in love with you the first time I saw you. You took my breath away," she smiles. "That's what you tell someone when you ask them to marry you. Not, 'I'm going to marry you because I'm Catholic, and I got you pregnant.' That is not a proposal, not one that I, the mother of your child, deserve."

She smirks at him as he fumbles with the ring and puts it back into its little velvet box. "Okay," he says, sighing in defeat.

"I want to marry you," Olivia tells him, taking his hand and pulling him to the couch. "But I think I deserve a proper proposal."

"You're right, you do," Elliot says. "I was nervous and excited," he smiles. "I want you to be my wife, Liv."

"Ask me another time," Liv smirks, cuddling up to him again.

~

The weeks continue much the same. Go to work, come home, have dinner, sleep, work, repeat. Olivia is tired. Her belly is growing by the day. She feels sore and swollen, and she can't wait to finally call it a day with work and spend some much needed time resting.

"Olivia?" Cragen calls as she sits at her desk.

"Yes, Captain?" she says, standing and knocking over her coffee with her belly. Cragen sighs. She has become more flustered in recent weeks, and he can tell it is stressing her out.

"Liv," Cragen says, grabbing some tissues to help her clean up the spilt coffee, the files now sodden. "Go home," he says. "You have plenty of holiday accumulated, I want you to start maternity leave now."

"But Captain -"

"No arguments, Olivia. You need to rest," he says, his hand moving to her arm. "You need to rest."

"Okay," she says, dabbing her soggy shirt. "Thank you."

"Don't thank me, just go home and get some rest. You are stressing me out, Liv," he laughs. "Take care of yourself and your baby."

"I will," Olivia says, grabbing her belongings and kissing her boss on the cheek. "Thank you, sir. Don't miss me too much."

"Where are you going?" Nick asks, walking back into the room.

"Home," Liv smiles. "See you in about eight months?" She says as she walks towards the elevator and heads home. She is grateful for the observations of her Captain. She is very pleased he cares enough for her wellbeing to allow her some extra time.

She grabs her car keys from her purse and makes the short drive home. Elliot is finally working again. Therefore, she has some time to herself. Some time to make the much needed adjustments to the nursery and their home. She hasn't had any say in any of the decorations, Elliot and his mother have done everything. Now, this is Olivia's opportunity to put her own spin on things.