CH #02: That Woman

[ A/N: This chapter is kind of confusing, I know. Please bare with me since the characters are not fully introduced yet and I'm in a rush. Thank you for your patience and my deepest apologies ! °(╥^╥)° ]

~ Year 2024 ~

Author's perspective

"That woman!"

As soon as the two disapeared from her view, Sumin kicked the tree beside her in frustration. She let out a frustrated huff, her breath ragged. She wondered what the hell was up with Astrid today. She's acting weird.

"That woman is acting all high and mighty today, huh? Does she think people can like her and approach her like I do to her?"

"The reason why Xander is with her was because of me! Did she suddenly choose to become independent? I doubt."

The sweet and gentle facade of Sumin disapeared once people are out of sight. Sumin clenched her fist tightly to the point where her knuckles turned white.

"I'll show her what it's like without me. She won't leave me. She won't. She never will."

Sumin breathed out, her short black wavy hair fluttering in the air as she walked back towards the crowd of people in the main hall. Within a second, her face turned back into a sweet and innocent woman everyone believed she was.

"Hey guys!~ What are you all talking about?"

She asked with a wide enthusiastic smile as she skipped towards the crowd of students who are talking. Their faces immediately brightened up as they saw Sumin nearby.

"Yo, hey there Sumin! Come join us!"

One of them exclaimed as they waved their hands. Sumin went over to them with a curious and innocent smile as she listened in to their conversation.

"Gosh... That new guy is so hot! Do you think his hair was natural?"

"I know his name! His name is Atticus Mon Tresór! I believe he's at the same year as Sumin!"

"Sumin, is he your classmate?"

One of them chirped happily, as if completely enamored by this mysterious yet attractive man. It was as if this man was straight out of a book. He looked perfect at all sides, except for his introverted and gloomy personality.

Sumin thought for a bit. Judging by their description about the man, it seems like the man was... The guy Astrid was talking to earlier.

Though after a few seconds, she smiled softly and shook her head.

"No, he's not from my class. He's probably at another strand. I'm in HUMMS with Astrid and Xander, after all."

She chirped brightly. The others just looked at each other with curious glances. Then, one of them spoke up again.

"Sorry I've been quiet this whole time. But I'm the lucky girl~ He's in my class! His strand is Arts and Design!"

Most of the girls whined in envy and just nudged the woman's shoulder. Sumin crossed her arms and thought for a moment. Is this guy worth it to be one of her followers? If it affects Astrid in any way, then yes. She'd have to observe for a while.

"Goodness~ He's barely 18 and he's so tall! Probably no less than 6ft! This man is totally my type~"

"His jawline, too! He's so heavenly. And when he passed by earlier, I could smell his perfume! I felt like I was on cloud nine! I wonder if he's rich."