CH #05 - I Promise

~ Year 2024 — Astrid's second life ~

Murmur.. Murmur...

Murmur...

As Astrid walks down the school hallway, people began to whisper against each other. If this was her previous life, she would've shied away and hid. But now, the murmurs were something she wanted. She walked down the hallway with a strud as if she owned the place, looking ahead unfazed.

Astrid's hair used to be tied in a tight and high ponytail. Her hair reached her tailbone that time. But she's cut her hair to shoulder length. It really emphasized her facial structures. But that wasn't the main reason why people were whispering whenever Astrid passed by.

Astrid changed. Mentally, emotionally, and physically. Looking at Astrid now, it's as if they were looking at a mature woman in a school uniform. She wore a black jacket over her uniform, which was something she doesn't usually do.

|-------------------- ~ • ~ ---------------------|

Yesterday. . .

"Atticus... Do you think I look good enough?"

She asked as she stared at Atticus. Even though Astrid changed for the best of the best, she still felt self conscious. She really wanted to hear it from somebody else's mouth. She didn't want to look like a delusional narcissist like Sumin.

Unbeknownst to her, Atticus began to stare at her as he eyed her up and down. This man's eyes held mystery and secrets. It was as if staring at a heavily locked door. Atticus then stepped towards Astrid, and began to run his fingers along her long black hair.

"You do. More than enough."

Atticus said to her with a serious look on his face, wanting to make it obvious that he was not playing around at all. Astrid stared back at Atticus, wide eyed. Atticus seemed to always stare at her hair. She just noticed that...

"...but I think you'd look even better if you cut your hair shorter."

|------------------- ~ • ~ -------------------|

"...you know that you really didn't have to cut your hair, right?"

Atticus asked softly as he stared at Astrid. The two walked side by side as Astrid grins widely.

"If you say it would look good on me, then I trust that it does!"

Astrid states enthusiasticly. She's glad that she could find someone she can express herself to. At least it brings her peace. It was hard to believe that not too long ago, she just commited scuicide and travelled back in time. She's back to her healthy body, unlike the body she died in.

"Are you really sure about this?" Atticus asked as he turned his head towards Astrid while they walked.

"Sure about what?" I asked as I raised my eyebrow in curiousity and confusion. Atticus looked away. There was a short period of silence before he spoke again.

"Changing."

That was what he said. The giddy smile on her face disapeared. She then looked at the ground as both kept on walking.

"Weren't you the one that said you wanted to help me? To do that, I need to change. I don't want to go back to that ugly unapproachable Astrid I was then. I'm reborn, as a new person. I'm now the better version of myself, not the pushover Astrid.."