CH #04: Astrid's Tale

[ TW : This episode contains violence, vulgar words, concepts of bulying , p*dophelia, mature contents and other disturbing contents that might not be suitable for young readers.] ⚠

~ Year 2015 ~

"Stop! Please stop it!"

My voice echoed loudly throughout the halls as I pleaded for mercy. The girl in front of me kept on pulling my hair  as I wailed in pain. Stop... Please stop... No more... I can't take it anymore.

As I pleaded for mercy, I felt a kick in my face which caused me to fall on the ground. My face stung with pain as I sobbed in the ground.

"Haha! What? You gonna cry?! Cry it out, weirdo! Leave Xander alone you creep!"

"Have you got no shame?! Nobody gets to stalk him like that! Creepy, absolutely creepy!"

"Shameless! Absolutely shameless!"

"Astrid, you creep! You already knew Sumin had a crush on Xander!"

Insults after insults were thrown at me mercilessly whilst they kept kicking me on the ground. I did nothing wrong. That's what I know.

"I... I wasn't even! I was just following Xander because I helped him with something!"

"I don't even know Sumin either!"

I explained myself as I cried. Tears streamed down my bruised and bloodied face. How can literal children be so violent to me? I'm the same age...

My name is Astrid Callista. And in this current timeline, I'm 8 years old. Judging by the scene, I can tell you already know what's going on. I had one regret. And that is letting that woman help me. If she hadn't, then would my life be any different now?

As another kick was landed on me, we heard a loud yell from behind.

"DON'T HURT HER! ! !"

A tiny, yet loud high pitched voice yelled. A familiar girl around my age appeared. She had a short wavy hair tied up in a low pigtail. This girl's figure was small and petite.

"Leave her alone! Or else I'll tell the teacher!"

The girl threatened, though her knees were shaking and tears were on her eyes. She was scared... But why is she helping me? She has no match with them. These girls are taller than her, yet she had the guts to stand up for me like that despite her fear? Who is this girl?

The girls who saw the tiny woman, clicked their tongues in annoyance. They intentionally wanted to play the hero just to lay a hand on me. What sadistic beings.

"Tch... Let's go."

The girl who was leading the others said. They soon began to flee from the scene. I sat up slowly, wiping the tears in my eyes.

"Oh my gosh! Are you okay?! Here, let me help you up."

The girl said in worry as she held her hand out to me. Despite my shock, I accepted her hand. As I fully stood up, I looked at her. This girl... She was weeping for me.