9: so what is right and what is wrong (give me a sign)

Be careful what you wish for.

The girl held the knife in her hand and slashed the skin around her abdomen.

Not all of them are meant to be fulfilled. 

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

Kazumi had nestled herself comfortably beneath the shade of the umbrella, a book perched on her lap. Beside her was Getou sitting with a successfully rescued Kuroi. Meanwhile, Gojo and Amanai were engaged in some beachside antics by the water's edge, their laughter harmonizing with the rhythmic symphony of waves colliding with the shore. The gentle cadence of the ocean waves caressing the shore nearly lulled Kazumi to sleep.

Their journey had taken them all the way to Okinawa, driven by the urgency of Amanai's distressing news about Kuroi's abduction. In response, Gojo's knee-jerk reaction was to swiftly dispatch Amanai back to the familiar grounds of Jujutsu High, where she would ostensibly be safe. However, Amanai's fervent protest disrupted this plan, her voiced doubts concerning their capabilities rang in the air. The implication was a bit jarring, considering the lengths they had gone to ensure her safety throughout the entire day. Yet, Kazumi wasn't blind to the underlying concern that fueled Amanai's skepticism—a fierce protectiveness toward her guardian.

In the midst of Amanai's persistence, Gojo's initial reluctance yielded to her unwavering resolve, allowing her to join them on this mission.

Kazumi had stepped in with an alternative suggestion, cautioning against involving Amanai directly and offering herself as a convincing decoy. She had looked from Gojo's conflicted expression to Getou's contemplative gaze and then finally to Amanai's anxious countenance. In that charged silence, Kazumi had let out a quiet, begrudging sigh, recognizing a lost battle.

At present, she noticed Gojo and Amanai gradually making their way toward where she and Getou were situated.  Somehow in that short distance, Amanai managed to trip on her feet not once but twice, falling face-first into the sand. All the while, Gojo cackled like a lunatic in the background.

Kazumi grimaced. “How do you tolerate this guy?”

Getou chuckled softly. “Give it time, he'll grow on you.” Glancing at her he continued, “By the way, any particular reason for wearing a jumpsuit at the beach?”

“I can’t stand the sun,” she responded immediately.

“I see,” Getou mused, Observing her intently. “Dark and broody, check. Can change eye color, check. Hates the sun, check. Pale skin, check. And…” His fingers suddenly found her chin.

Caught off guard, Kazumi sputtered, “Hold on a moment—”

Without warning, he pried her lips apart slightly, unveiling her front teeth.

“Well, I'll be damned. You've got yourself some genuine fangs there, like a bonafide vampire,” he declared with a mix of surprise and amusement.

Retorting with a flat, unamused expression, she fired back, “You think you're a comedian, huh?”