Bio

ZDS Mirai (Zipang 'antiquated name for Japan' Defense Destroyer) (Mirai, meaning "Future")

Yukinami class DDG-182

(helicopter defense destroyer via the info about the JDS Mirai, but for this story, it will be a DDG)

Maximum Speed: 30kts (could reach 35 kts using boost)

Propulsion: 4 Ishikawajima-Harima/General Electric LM2500 gas turbines with 2 shafts producing 100,000 shp (75,000 kW)

Sensors: 

x4 AN/SPY-1D PESA Radar

x1 OPS-28 surface-search radar

OQS-102 bow mounted sonar

SQR-19 TACTAS towed-array sonar

Electronic Warfare/Decoys:

NOLQ-2 intercept and jammer

x4 Mark 36 SRBOC

Armaments:

x1 127 mm/54 cal Oto Melara compact gun

x2 20mm Phalanx CIWS

(The missile systems are from the Kongo class because no one knows how much armaments come from the Mirai, since it's a helicopter hangar equipped Kongo class DDG)

x2 HOS triple torpedo tubes w. mk46 and Type 73 torpedoes

x8 RGM-84 Harpoon anti-ship missile launcher in quad canisters

90 cell Mk 41 VLS launch system and carries: SM-2MR, SM-3 RUM-139 Anti-submarine rocket, RGM/UGM-109B TASM/TLAM-C Tomahawk cruise missiles, 16 cell RIM-7F in MK48 VLS (Mirai carries on her mission via her specifications)

Aircraft: x1 Sh-60J Seahawk helicopter, x1 MV/SA-32J Umidori VTOL reconnaissance aircraft

Nation: Zipang (Alternate version of Sakura Empire in Azur Lane)

Character Appearance: (Before someone comes after me, this is the only picture that is in reference to Mirai in Azur Lane universe, I do apologize for the original creator for this and never wish to copyright an original artist) (Another story on Mirai is this: JS Mirai lost in another world)

Mirai kansen shows another anchor above the one in picture, full white hair and blue eyes, along with a Minebea P9 handgun at the right hip. Her jacket has a Zipang flag on the right shoulder and goes down to her hands and her red cufflinks have the flower (shown below) instead of the one shown. Also has a cherry blossom hairpin.

 Also has a cherry blossom hairpin

Character Skills:

AEGIS All Seeing Eye: Upon start of battle, the "Eye will be able to locate all enemies and relay their position to allies in poor visibility. Will decrease ship speed by 5% and will launch a special barrage of anti-ship/aircraft missiles, torpedoes and cannons towards nearest enemy. Side effect is weakened spotting and weapons ability as the computing power can cause damage to ship capabilities if used for extended periods of time

Impenetrable Dome: Using Aegis Defense Dome upon entering combat mode when battle starts, upon detection of enemy aircraft and missiles, Automatic defense systems will activate and destroy 100% enemy targets for 20 seconds before reloading.

Recon Support: All aircraft will have spotting ability once summoned to the battlefield, adds 5% accuracy increase for max of 20s and will be vulnerable to AA Fire for every 30s

Laser Accurate Missile Strike: A single strike of the TASM missile will deal 15% damage increase toward Higher Ranked Siren as main target with a follow up barrage of missiles for 5s for every 40s

Rising Sun: Every 15s after start of battle, a barrage of harpoon missiles will dive onto nearest enemy from all points

BACKSTORY: The nation of Zipang is under threat of Siren ships. The Kongo class AEGIS destroyers were built 1990-1998. During the mid 1990s, the naval board conducted a study on the class and have found a number of improvements that could be added to the hull, but upon examination, the improvements would need extensive dockyard time, too long for the nation under siege of Siren attacks, so the maritime board decided on a new class of missile defense destroyers. 

They also took into account of the brand-new Arleigh Burke Flight IIA that featured hangars for helicopters. Once the designs were implemented in record time, the first ship of the class, Yukinami, four in total were built.

At the time, the nation had proposed a new policy that would basically, if a supposed enemy force has the intention to attack Zipang flagged vessels or territories, the first attack strike would cripple the enemy (mostly sirens as was the main threat at the time of the story) before they have a chance to attack and possibly damage or destroy infrastructure or vessels. While this policy was conflicting for the people of the nation, and created protests, the siren attacks had increased where the bill passed in desperation, just as the Mirai begins RIMPAC exercises with Azur Lane forces.

The beginning scene in the next chapter will start with Mirai in Yokosuka Harbor.