𝑩𝑳𝑨𝑪𝑲 𝑩𝑬𝑨𝑼𝑻𝒀

"𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍,                   
      𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆."

(flashback... 16 years old)

Paige Pov

I tap my foot impatiently waiting for my world history teacher, My Beinke to stop ranting about his high school years. "Our mascot were the Crusaders..." He rambles on, I've stopped paying attention.

After this period, it's lunch. Which only means one thing, Lorraine. It's Monday, and I haven't seen her all weekend because her dad took her to an audition all the way in Wisconsin. I need her. I mean I need to talk to her.

We have no morning classes together, only afternoon classes. This means I have to suffer all semester long without her from 8:00 - 12:30. It's horrible. I've been wanting, no needing to talk to her. I smile to myself staring at the dirty whiteboard.

"Yo, Paige," Mason, a boy in my grade, interrupts my thought, forcing me to turn to my side to look at him. I'm not in the mood.

"What" I sternly say staring at him.

"Woah, tiger. I just wanted to see if your still on for basketball after school today?" I roll my eyes turning back towards the front of the cramped, hot room. I forgot about that. I should make plans with Lori tonight. Yeah, totally.

"Uh- no not today, I have plans" I say less bitchy. Basketball is the last thing on my mind when it comes to Lori.

I glance up to the clock on the cream-colored wall. 2 minutes. I hear Mason scoff, shuffling to get his books together. He can wait, I need to see my Lori.

2 minutes later, the bell rings. I internally scream, feeling deprived of my time with my best friend.

I quickly put my books in my locker, sprinting to the lunch room. Lori always saves me a seat, I don't know why I'm rushing. The obnoxious talking between the high school students grows louder as I officially enter the cafeteria, almost immediately spotting her.

Lori Pov

I am sitting with me and Paige's my friend group; Ryan, Santana, Julianne, Sawyer-Grey, Vanessa, Peyton and some of Paige's teammates. I am eating Canes chicken fingers currently, and laughing about a joke SG made about our English teacher.

"Wait guys... did you hear about Presley's locker?" Santana lowers her voice to talk to us.

The group responds with a handful of 'No's' and 'Omg wait what?'.

"Yeah so, you know how she's on the volleyball team." Everyone nods. "So, apparently when the volleyball girls had practice the other day, someone came into the girls locker room, and legit  took the locker off of the wall."

I gasped. Then started wheezing. Who the hell would do that?

The table theorized who could've done this, and we all agreed on Carmen. Too harsh? Well, last year when we were all in the 8th grade, Carmen got upset that we didn't invite her to our big annual spring break party, she threw a fit and called the cops on us. We were 14, what illegal activities could we have been doing? Can you imagine 40 something year old cops showing up to a sleepover? Oh, and she also hooked up with Vanessa's dad. Long story.

After the laughter died down, Julianne asked, "But why a locker? Like you're destroying school property, what's the point?" The table responds with head nodding, and 'Oh yeah, you're right'.

"Okay so get this," Santana continues, "Allegedly, Presley had known about how Carmen has been you know... doing things for Mr. Salas' class for "extra credit" and she was gonna come out about it via video proof. But guess what." Santana pauses, we are all hooked, even me.