𝑪𝑶𝑼𝑵𝑻 𝑴𝑬 𝑶𝑼𝑻

"𝑩𝒖𝒕 𝒂 𝒎𝒂𝒔𝒌 𝒘𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒊𝒅𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒊𝒏𝒔𝒊𝒅𝒆."

Present Day

Lori Pov

It's been 2 weeks since my birthday, and 2 weeks since I met Jordyn. She's great.

Since my birthday, I have sang for her multiple times. She praises me as if I was a god. Am I that good?

I've been getting up early to go to Jordyn's apartment recently, but today is different.

Micheal, who I found out is Jordyn's manager, wants to hear me sing.

Jordyn lives in a studio apartment with fantastic acoustics. It's my new favorite place to sing, aside from the studio at Juilliard.

I am currently walking to 1001 NewBerry St., Jordyn's address, in the rain. Great. I stayed up late finding the perfect outfit for it to get rained on. It started to rain while I was walking to Jordyn's so that means no umbrella.

When I finally make it to her building I walk up to the elevator, pushing the top button. The doors open and I immediately notice the elevator is crowded. I thought about waiting for the next one, but I'm already running late.

So, I cram myself into the elevator.

"8 please." I smile towards the lady closet to the pin pad. She presses 8, and soon the elevator starts moving.

The sweaty bodies are pressed against me, breathing heavily.

What feels like hours goes by until we come across the 8th floor. The doors open and I manage to maneuver myself out of the tight, dimly-lit, space. As I exit, another person gets out with me. A broad, brunette guy with light facial hair and slight acne, follows me.

I make it to Jordyn's apartment, and the guy walks further than me. He looks back at me, smirking, looking me up and down.

"I'd hit that." He says, laughing to himself. Damn.

I continue to stare at his skinny figure as he opens what I assume to be his apartment door.

I knock at Jordyn's door, waiting a few seconds, looking back at the guy's apartment. Weird.

Jordyn opens the door and hugs me, a big smile on her face. She is looking mighty fine these days, if I do say so myself.

"Ray!!" She smiles a toothy grin, wrapping her arms around my waist. She's been calling me Ray a lot recently.

We break from the hug and we both look at each other. She grabs my hand and pulls me into the, oh, so familiar apartment.

I immediately notice the light jazz playing in the background. Erykah Badu. She's hot and has taste.

My eyes then wander to the counter where Micheal is sitting with some sort of drink in his hand. He has fare skin, glasses, and brown stubble on his chin.

I smile at him, wanting to make a good impression. Jordyn breaks loose of my grip and walks over to the record player to stop the music. While she does this I look back at Micheal, who is already looking at me.

"So, Lorraine, you're the underground talent... supposedly?" He questions, sounding unimpressed. I nod, staying silent.

Jordyn comes behind me and wraps her left arm around my shoulder. She pokes my side, telling me to speak.