𝑰 𝑾𝑨𝑺 𝑴𝑨𝑫𝑬 𝑻𝑶 𝑳𝑶𝑽𝑬 𝑯𝑬𝑹

"𝑪𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒎𝒂𝒅𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒉𝒆𝒓,

𝑾𝒐𝒓𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒑 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒂𝒅𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒉𝒆𝒓."

Present

Paige POV

As I'm crying in my ex-girlfriend's arms, I feel her kiss my head. I love her so much. I love her so much, I can't do this to her.

I pull away abruptly, wiping my eyes so she doesn't see me lose my composure.

"I'm so sorry Lori..." I whisper, standing up, "I don't deserve- I can't put you through that again." I look down at her, her face perfect as always.

I look away, not being able to look at her in her eyes.

I walk up to the door I entered from, stopping right before it.

"Oh- Lori, again, you sounded and-and look otherworldly tonight. I'm really happy that you're happy." She smiles at me.

"I uh- I got you this." I pull 3 red roses from inside my vest. She gets up and walks towards me. My body suddenly stiffens, her presence makes me so nervous, it always has.

She grabs the flowers, our fingers touching. I watch her every movement. The way she looks at the flowers, smelling them as she makes eye contact with me.

"Thank you." Lori whispers. Silence falls upon us, and I look down at my fingers with multiple gold rings accompanying them. I clear my throat, looking back up at Lori.

Her head is tilted, trying to make eye contact with me. If I look at her any longer, I might break down again.

"Paige," my name sounds angelic when she says it, "did you know I was gonna be singing tonight?"

I shake my head looking at her hands instead of her eyes. I whisper an almost silent 'no'.

"So, on the way to my dressing room, you stole dirty roses from the ground?" I stood in front of Lori, full of embarrassment.

"How romantic." I hear the smile in her voice as I look up into her eyes. She is smiling, although she looks like she is trying to fight it.

I smile briefly before turning around, and opening her door.

"Goodnight, Lori." I tell her, looking at her messy, but composed stature.

"Goodnight, Paige." She responds, waving at me. I close the door and head back to the club.

3 days later...

Lori POV

It's 8:30 on a Saturday morning, and I'm getting ready to go out to breakfast with Nessa and Ryan. I have been going to sleep a lot earlier recently so I'm feeling well-nourished and refreshed.

As I'm about to leave my apartment building, I get an Instagram notification, a DM.

Out of curiosity, I open Instagram and see who could've texted me.

If it isn't Paige Bueckers herself.

I open the text message, which read; "Hi Lori I hope you've had a good week so far. I wanted to know if you perform any time next week? Asking for a friend ofc"

I smile at the last sentence, before remembering this girl fucked with my heart in one of the worst ways possible. I shake the thought, before shoving my phone in my back pocket, walking out the door.