Winter Is Coming

The sun barely shins through the dark clouds that covers Winterfell, casting the North into a cold day, forcing people to wear heavy cloaks just to keep warm.

"Go on, father is watching"

Rhaenyra lifts her head and turns it to the left at the sound of her brother's voice. She stops walking and watches as her second youngest brother, Bran, tries archery for the first time under the guidance of the older boys, Robb Stark and Jon Snow.

Bran Stark favours their mother in appearance, having the thick auburn hair and deep blue eyes. He is strong willed, but a sweet and thoughtful boy, well-loved by everyone at Winterfell. While his older illegitimate brother, Jon, was resented by most. He has strong Stark features with a lean build, long face, dark brown hair, and dark grey eyes.

Rhaenyra and Jon share a special bond, one that the other Stark children could not compete with for they were the only outsiders within a den of wolves.

Rhaenyra slow approaches the boys, her hands clasped behind her back as she watches in silence. Bran releases the arrow and it lands short of the target. The boys snicker, while Rhaenyra pushes past, ensuring to bump shoulders with Robb as she goes. She stands behind Bran and gently places a hand on his right shoulder.

"Relax your bow arm" She tells him with a gentle voice. "Don't think too much"

He aims and fires, the arrow sailing over the target.

The boys burst out laughing from behind. Rhaenyra whips around, her lilac eyes shinning bright with annoyance.

"And which one of you was a marksman at 10?" Their father booms down at them.

All turn and look up at the balcony that overlooks the courtyard. Lord and Lady Stark standing against the banister, watching.

"Keep practising, Bran" He encourages. "Go on"

Bran nervously turns back to the target. He readies another arrow, breathes deeply, and thunk an arrow lands in the centre of the target. Rhaenyra impressed with the shot glances to Bran, only to see that the arrow did not come from him as he still had his notched. Slowly she turns around and beams a smile at her youngest sister holding a bow by her side.

Ayra Stark. She is the only one out of her full-siblings to inherit the Stark features of lean athletic physique, brown hair, grey eyes and a long face. Arya shows no interest in the ladylike dancing, singing and sewing, and revels in outdoor activities and exploring, and is an excellent horse rider. She is described as 'wolf-blooded', blunt, impulsive and 'always difficult to tame' by many.

Rhaenyra laughs as the girl gives a mockery curtsy, causing Bran to drop his bow and launch after his sister.

"Quick Bran" Robb says.

"Faster" Jon says through laughter.

The three teens watch as their siblings run around the courtyard, joy filling the gloomy air before it soon comes to a halt by the sound of Lord Stark's voice.

"Ready your horses. A deserter has been captured"

Robb, Jon, and Rhaenyra all glance at one other, already knowing the meaning of what is to come.

"Do we have to?" Rhaenyra whispers to her brothers. Dread filling her.

"He swore an oath, Rhae" Robb tells her.

Lilac eyes meet blue ones.

Robb Stark is the oldest legitimate child of Lord Stark and Lady Catelyn. Robb also inherited his mother's Tully features, being strong and fast with a stocky build, blue eyes and thick red-brown hair.