Remember

Rhaenyra takes a deep breath as they ride under the gates of King's Landing. People line the streets, cheering for the Royal Family as they trot along. Her father leads the party, followed by other guards. Behind them is the Stark carriage, and then the King with his Kingsguards. Next is Prince Joffrey, with the Royal carriage. Last is Rhaenyra with Ser Barristan.

The crowd goes quite at the sight of her Sliver hair. The last heir of House Targaryen.

Rhaenyra's eyes flutter close as she dismounts, taking in the sun that warms her face, the breeze that gently caress her cheek, and all the flowers that she could smell as she takes a deep breath in. Her eyes open and she stares at the Red Keep, finally seeing the place that her family lived and died in.

King's Landing is roughly square-shaped, sprawling across several miles and defended by tall walls. It is dotted with manses, arbors, granaries, brick storehouses, timbered inns, merchant stalls, taverns, graveyards and brothels. Between buildings the roads are broad, lined with trees and branching alleys and streets.

The city covers the north shore of the Blackwater Rush and covers three tall hills, named after Rhaenyra's family that started the Targaryen name. Aegon The Conquer and his two sisters, Visenya and Rhaenys.

Aegon's High Hill, surmounted by the Red Keep, the royal castle located in the south-eastern corner of the city, overlooks the bay directly, whilst Visenya's Hill to the west is crowned by the marble-walled Great Sept of Baelor and its seven crystal towers. The Hill of Rhaenys in the north is capped by the collapsed ruins of the Dragonpit dome, it's bronze doors shut for a century and a half since the death of the last dragon.

Rhaenyra slowly sinks to a knee and places her hand flat against the cool stones, touching the ground of King's Landing for the first time since her birth.

The Queen stands diagonal behind Rhaenyra, her eyes glaring into the back of the kneeling girl. Bitterness fills the Queen, for Rhaenyra had gained the love from the Southerners the day she was born and now she was back. Bitterness turns to fear at the very thought that once the people see her, they will rally behind her and work on destroying the Lannister name.

Queen you shall be, until there comes another, younger and more beautiful, to cast you down and take all that you hold dear.

The Queen glances around at the gathered people, watching them as they all looked at the Targaryen with awe.

~

Rhaenyra kneels in front of her fireplace, her eyes watching the flames as they crackle, her hands holding both dragon eggs.

Great columns of fire flame rose all around Rhaenyra. A hideous ripping sound came from behind her, she turned and watched as in the midst of the fire was a dragon.

Rhaenyra slowly and carefully places the eggs into the fireplace, the flames licking at her hands, but Rhaenyra did not flinch or cry, for she felt no pain. Rhaenyra stares at her hands, feeling the heat, and for some reason that she could not explain, it made her feel clean.

Ours is the House of the Dragon.

Rhaenyra pulls her hands out and inspects them, not a single blister or burn was against her smooth skin.

The Fire is in our blood.

~

Rhaenyra walks among the many halls of the Red Keep, her eyes huge and full of wonder as she could image how happy her family once was, living in such a castle decorated with her House colours. Her happiness comes to a screeching halt as she comes before the great oak and bronze doors of the Great Hall. She stares at the closed doors, her heart beating loudly in her chest, as on the other side stood the Iron Throne.