chapter 2

Mridula's pov

He slapped me hard and pushed me against the staircase , and said to stay in room . I went back in my room crying , nothing new for me . I went in my restroom and washed my face , I was sitting at the edge of my bed, thinking what went wrong , why they both hate me so much . I felt tears rolling down my cheeks , half an hour passed by when Adrija called me.

"Hey ,I am waiting, come fast" Adrija said.
I went down and my mother was there very happy and in a joyful mood, "go, Adrija's car is waiting outside, don't make her wait. "
"Okay maa"
Before coming down I needed to throw some makeup on my cheeks to hide the fingerprint of my fathers.
The brusies on my hands were thankfully not very visible.
My mother, she didn't even asked why he raised his hand, why I was crying, and all, she never really cares.
Anyways.

I was happy to see Adrija, she doesn't know this side of my life yet, I really never shared such things to her, her life is very peaceful without any drama, and mine is full of chaos.
Not that she will not understand, my situation it's just that I don't feel like sharing it all to her, because somewhere my family is jealous of hers and is in always in competition, but her family is very sweet amd they actually treat me like their own daughter.

We met in the car her brother was also there I greeted him too, her brother Akshat, is very funny even though he is smart and all but yet his sense of humor is amazing with a very fit broad body.

But today I am very not very okay. I am trying hard you keep it up with Adrija and Akshat.
Adrija is sharing about her newly married life amd how everything is going wonderful in her life, but deep down I just want to burst into tears, I have handled alot of things yet, but I am tired now.

I need someone with whom I can share all this. And I don't want to disturb my best friend .

After the " charity fund meeting ", I decided to visit Adrija's place because I don't want to be alone.

I informed my mother about me spending that night with Adrija, and well my mother is more than happy because she think if I spend night with her I will be able to know her more. Idk why???

Leaving everything behind we got changed (we mean Adrija and me and yes we get fit in each other clothes, so we keep borrowing each others outfit) .

When we sat on her bed, she started talking about her life, job and about her trip to New York. I was just listening, even tho yes I was very happy for her but there was alot of things going on in my head and I was messed up.

But after we did the gossiping thing, we slept.

Next morning at Mridula's house.

Maa entered my room as I was getting ready for work.
"We have scheduled a meeting for you with a man who will become your spouse at five o'clock"

I got numbed, I couldn't process anything she said,, like how could she tell me to get married at such young age

"Maa, no I am really not ready for it"
"Okay whatever, be home at 5."
I didn't said anything and left for work.

I was in the office when my PA called me.

"Mr. Akshat is here mam, he wanna meet you"
"Akshat, Akshat Raghuvanshi is here? " I asked in confusion.

"Yes, ma'am. May I forward him? "
"Yes sure, send him in"

Akshat , as I said earlier is a good person we are good friends but we have never met like this, like him at my work place.

Akshat came him with a carry bag.
"Heyy, how's work going, I hope I didn't disturbed you? "

"No, absolutely not, amd everything is absolutely fine, what about you? What brought you here"

"These were given by Adrija, who also issued the order to send them to you." very professional tone.
He smiled
"What are these? "
I went near to see them, I tucked the hair behind my ear, these were the gift, she brought it from New York.
We talked about it last night but I forgot to take these today morning.

Akshat touched my cheeks with one  finger, I got scared and moved from him.
I was looking at him, for any explanation.

"What are those marks?"
" What marks? "
"Like someone has slapped you"

Are they still visible,, ofcourse they are because I forgot to apply makeup to hide them.

"Aaa,,no, noo who would slap me! Actually I scratched my face with my nails, you know they are hard to maintain" Woahhh what a lie,, what is he a 5year old kid.

"Ohh okayy" He replied, without asking any question he left my office, no bye, nothing.

I started working again.
I got so lost in work, I didn't realise what time is it, my mother called me, I got scared.

"Yes, maa"
"Where are you, when will you reach home? "
I saw the time it was already 4:45.
"By, by 5 I will at home"
Whaattt why I lied,, how am I supposed to cover distance of 1hr in 15min ????
Think before you open your mouths idiot ( my mind said)
"Okay" Maa replied in cold voice.

Without wasting any time I left my office, after saying good bye to my PA and rest team mates, I left.

Driver was already in car.
I don't know why I am so scared, my thoughts are so negative right now.
Something is going to happen wrong today, keeping negative thoughts aside.
I checked my phone it was 4:55 I haven't reached half the way of my home.

"Heyyy bagwannnn" (Ohhh God)

~~~~~~~~~
Hello peoplessss:-))))
Hope you all are fine and doing great.
Chapter is bit disturbing, but her friends and brother are really sweet.
Her brother, yes her brother, he will be in the story very soon

Keep reading and supporting